• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz Will Not Allow for Backward Movement

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a short 10 page presentation, on page 5 I have a single question.  It is optional, I have it marked for backward movement, it does not show a score afterwards.  When I publish, I can work my way through all pages, however, when I go backwards, I get stuck at the quiz screen, it will not allow me to go back to pages prior to the quiz.  Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Just wanted to go back and let everyone know the answer.  At the Quiz level, on the Pass or Fail Options tab, the value that is in the If Failing grade attempts determines how many times a student can go back or forth through the quiz, regardless if the quiz is optional or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2011 Mar 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kirkisbetter,

As per my understanding , you are facing the following 2 issues :

Issue 1 : You are not able to see the score (Result Slide)at the end
Issue 2 : Backward movement from the quiz slide.

We would like to suugest you to follow the steps as mentioned below to resolve the above issues :

Suggestion for Issue 1:
Once you delete the result slide from the presentation, then for the result slide to reappear , please go to Quiz -> Manage -> Select the Quiz. The Quiz Settings dialog appears. Make sure the "Show Score at the end of the quiz" option is enabled and then click on OK.
You can now see the result slide in your presentation.

Suggestion for Issue 2:
Once you come to the Quiz slide then you come to the quiz pane in place of the outline pane. In the quiz pane , you can see slides which are presnet after the question slide.
In order to go backwards from question slide, you need to use the backward button available in the playbar or use the Thumb tab in the right side panel. Once you browse to one slide before the question slide,then you can again see the Outline tab in your right slide pane which lists all the slides available in the presenation.

We hope this resolves the issue.

If you are still facing the problem then please do let us know with the exact steps and if possible please share the project file which causes this issue.

Thanks,
Subhransu
Adobe Captivate and Preseneter Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Item #1 was not an issue.  I should have stated that I set it so that there is no score showing at the end.

Item #2 is still an issue.  I have set it so that users should be able to review the quiz.  I have turned off all the panes (I only want the playbar).  When I get to the end of the presentation, and I click on the backward button on the playbar to review all the slides, it will only take me back to the first question slide, I am unable to move to any slides previous of the first question.  I have tested with the quiz being optional, required, and answer all, and not of these choices make any difference.

So bottom of the line - how do I set my question and quiz settings to allow a user to go backwards to the beginning of the presentation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kirkisbetter,

Navigating through playbar backward button shouldn't be an issue. I'll not be able to help you unless I see the actual project and the settings thereof.
So I would like to request you to please to provide a copy of the power point file which exhibits this behavior so that we can investigate the same from our end.

If the file is of small size then please mail the same to sumishra (at) adobe (dot) com

If Captivate file is too heavy to be sent by email, you can share it through https://acrobat.com/

Thanks,
Subhransu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Subranshu,

User is talking about a Presenter Quiz, not a Captivate quiz, just wanted to let you know.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing out. That was a typo.

kirkisbetter, please share the Power Point File.

Thanks,

Subhransu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wanted to go back and let everyone know the answer.  At the Quiz level, on the Pass or Fail Options tab, the value that is in the If Failing grade attempts determines how many times a student can go back or forth through the quiz, regardless if the quiz is optional or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources