Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Workspace User Security to processes

Level 1

Hi, I am taking my first process to workspace and I am having issues with setting up the security so that only specific users can see the category and process. Am I missing something?  I have been all through the adminui and searched on this forum for about an hour now and finally decided to post a question.  What I am looking for is to have is so that when a user signs in they will only see the categories that I have given them rights to and then on the process under that category that they have rights too.  Can anybody point me in the right direction on what to do of where to go for information on how to set this up??  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

There is no way to apply security on the categories so all categories are shown.

You apply security on the process via the Adminui (Services->Application and Services-> Service Management-> Security tab... click Add Principal button at bottom. Only the of users/groups in this list will be able to invoke(start) the process and only the services a user is allow to invoke will be displayed under the Category node.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

There is no way to apply security on the categories so all categories are shown.

You apply security on the process via the Adminui (Services->Application and Services-> Service Management-> Security tab... click Add Principal button at bottom. Only the of users/groups in this list will be able to invoke(start) the process and only the services a user is allow to invoke will be displayed under the Category node.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----