• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Org chart with CF and jquery

Participant ,
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I am trying to create a drilldown organizational chart with jquery and CF... but i was not able to make the visual part.. Each supervisor level will have  plus.gif/minus.gif that expand/collapse based on click...like windows file system..this query(field -formated_name) gets all correct levels but when it comes to display i could not make it work. Any help appreciated...

------
<cfquery name="data" datasource="#request.dsn#">
with emp_data as
  (select '/'+cast(employee_master_id as varchar(49)) as reporting_path,
          employee_master_id
   from  dbo.employee_master em
   where em.employee_master_id = #session.employee_master_id#
   union all
   select cast(emp_data.reporting_path+'/'+CAST(em.employee_master_id as varchar(4)) as varchar(50)),
          em.employee_master_id
   from dbo.employee_master em join emp_data on em.supervisor_id = emp_data.employee_master_id
)
select employee_master_id,
     employee_master_uuid,
        first_name,
        last_name,
        supervisor_id,
        replicate(char(9),((DATALENGTH(reporting_path)-DATALENGTH(REPLACE(reporting_path,'/','')))*2)-2)+last_name+', '+first_name as formated_name,
        IsSupervisor=(select case when count(1) > 0 then 'Y' else 'N' end from dbo.employee_master es where es.supervisor_id=result.employee_master_id)
from (select emp_data.reporting_path,
              em.employee_master_id,
              em.employee_master_uuid,
              em.first_name,
              em.last_name,
              em.supervisor_id
       from emp_data join dbo.employee_master em on emp_data.employee_master_id = em.employee_master_id) result
order by reporting_path;

</cfquery>

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are a couple of options you might use to create a tree view to display your org chart.

CFTREE
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/CFMLRef/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbec22c24-7d84.html

Wijmo Tree Widget - a commercial plugin for jQuery
http://wijmo.com/widgets/wijmo-complete/tree/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not big help.. cftree may not work with what i have...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be glad to offer more assistance, however I am not sure what kind of help you need. Your original post contains a query which you state returns the correct data, "this query(field -formated_name) gets all correct levels".  You also state you are trying to create a drill down chart, but have not posted any code related to UI.  Based on your statement "i was not able to make the visual part" I infered that you'd like a pointer to a resource that will help you create your UI.  Can you be more specific about the help you'd like to receive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

applying the cftree to my query outputs what i need...here is how. Thank you all.

<cfform

name="form">

<cftree format="html" name="drilldown" width="500">

<!--- <cftreeitem display="#data.formated_name[1]#" value="root"> --->

<cfloop query="data">

<cftreeitem display="#first_name# (#employee_title#) &rarr;<a href='Evaluation_EditA.cfm?person=#employee_master_uuid#'>Evalution</a>"

parent="#supervisor_id#"

value="#employee_master_id#"

expand="no"

img="#request.rootPath#assets/tinyman.png">

</cfloop>

</cftree>

</cfform>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation