• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"CAHeadless Debug Event" Error message

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2010 Dec 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 9.0 installed on my Windows 7 computer and have recently started getting a message that I believe may be associated with that program. The message reads "CAHeadless Debug Event" "CAHeadless has encountered an error - [..\..\Src\DataManager.cpp-410]"

Does anyone know what may be causing this message and how to cure it. I am able to click the Continue button and everything works as it should but it is a little annoying.

Thanks

Patrick

Message title was edited by: Brett N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I would really like to find out why as well!
Thanks, Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2010 Dec 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might like to know that I tried a different forum with this problem and had a reply that suggested I do the following:

1. Make sure that Premiere Elements and the Photoshop Elements Editor

are closed.

2. Open the Catalog Manager.

3. In the Catalog Manager, click New.

4. Type a name for this new catalog and then click OK. The Organizer

opens with this new, blank catalog.

That’s it then you can go back to the original catalog. No guarantee as I’ve just tried it and haven’t had long enough to know if it works or not.

Hope that may be of some help.

Patrick

Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2010 4:48 PM

To: Patrick Dyer

Subject: Error message

I am having the same issue. I would really like to find out why as well!

Thanks, Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Error.  Existing catalog.  BIG catalog.  Not interested in starting a new one.  Very annoying. What's up Adobe?  Surely there's more info available here..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2011 Mar 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same CAHeadless Debug error on PSE 9.

Switching catalogs does not help.

Turning off face recognition does not help.

I have looked through the forums and on the internet and it seems that this is a common problem for PSE 7, PSE 8, and now PSE 9.

Does anyone have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2011 Mar 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering the same error and would like a solution from Adobe.  Has anyone found a work-around for this problem?   Keep the thread spinning until Adobe discover/invents a solution.  Bill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that I am not the only one. I have the message on the forum since Dec 10,2010 with 30 reads but 0 answer. I wish both of us luck.

George

LINK: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/764040

Message was edited by: Brett N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2010 Dec 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patric,

I am adding here part of message I received :

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 8:44:05 AM PST
Hi  George,

Thank you for your patience. I can understand that it must make  you feel
upset and we will work toward fixing this situation for  you.

Please try the following steps:

> It seems that it is a  catalog issue.

To create a catalog:
1. Make sure that Premiere  Elements and the Photoshop Elements Editor
are closed.
2. Open the Catalog  Manager.
3. In the Catalog Manager, click New.
4. Type a name for this new  catalog and then click OK. The Organizer
opens with this new, blank catalog

Itwork for me! I hope that you can do the same. In my case it was the 'Catalog' issue.

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you guys expect ? I have the same error, besides others, Tried the same like you guys, did not help  After 30 yrs IT, I think I have rarely seen such an obsolete, unintuitiv and error prone product. Especially this organizer is a pain in the behind.  Fit's my feelings about Adobe products as such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the next one, now the elements autoanalyzer "has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there video files in your catalog? You can switch of AA by going to preferences and uncheck the option to analyze files automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are video files, but I have the analyze off already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is with the auto analyzer.  It recently turned this on and the message started appearing - now turned it off and the message gone away!  Turn it off in your preferences under Media Analysis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. Tried this twice; it did not work. The error message reappeared when I used PSE 9. Many other subscribers to PSE 9 seem to have the same problem. It does not affect the operation of the program, but it is just another one of those nagging problems the original software manufacturer should address.

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:44:41 -0600

To: mahar1964@hotmail.com

Subject: Error message

The problem is with the auto analyzer. It recently turned this on and the message started appearing - now turned it off and the message gone away! Turn it off in your preferences under Media Analysis.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my system, but it seams to be soved according to the instructions of Mr. William Mahar.

- Also a problem for me in the same connection is, that if I open a file of 2011, the PSE shows up with files of 2009. I thought it could be also a problem of the media analaysis. I shut them off in the preferences, but this problem still occurs.

- An other problem is that I can't download Adobe Help since several days, even a fortnight. My PSE9 has been delivered with the help files of PSE8. Up to now I have not found any answer in a forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you!  This worked.  I actually have tried all things and this is the only thing that removed it.  You are awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2011 May 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding this completely frustrating as well. I've shut down all auto-analysis  options and will see what happens. Sadly clicking continue on the error dialogue box for me completely locks my system (Windows 7, 64 bit) and so requires a hard reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2011 Jun 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the CAHeadless error with the number at the end being

409 instead of 410.  Has anybody been able to cure this problem.  I am

becoming frustrated as many ae with poor Adobe support. I don't like getting on the phone and waiting forever to talk to some dolt who doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir,

I have taken the advice as given in the http://forums.adobe.com/message/3719177#3719177 by William Mahar

It worked. I really do hope that it does also with 409.

PSE9 is still a mess. Previously I used Ver. 2, 4, 7, 8 and now 9, always hoping the new version would be improved and having less bugs. But unfortunately I got always disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.  I tried to follow the link to find his advice but was not successful.  What might I be doing wrong.

Gordon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gordon

Sorry, I meant PatrikDyer44 under Point No. 4 of the thread. But in addition I turned off the auto analyser as mentioned by William Mahar under message No. 13

Urs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems and then system freezes. it

is frustrating when working on limited time to have to keep restarting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2011 Jul 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am a user of Photoshop Elements9 installed on my Windows 7 computer.  I recently encountered the CA Headless 410 Problem.  I tried the trick of creating a new Catalog and then going back to the original.  I have also tried turning off the Media Analysis.  No help.

The pressing the continue button when the error message appears allows you to keep on working in Organizer.  But if you tried to create a video with music it then closes the program down no matter what I have tried.  Has anyone come up with a new solution that works?

Thanks.

Bob Frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a similiar message which I thought used words "headless bug" but it was probably debug.

I more often get the following whenever I go to create a new album in the Organizer:

"A problem occurred while loading this album template. An auxilliary file may be missing or damaged. Please reinstall the application to correct the problem."

Then I click OK and I can go ahead and create the album. So everything still works but why does this meaningless message appear up every time???????????????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2011 Dec 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to inform you all that I installed PE10  and I am ow also getting this  Ca Headless-message. So a new version is no help.  I had no problem in PE9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines