Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image upon image

Nov 13, 2008 Nov 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I want to reuse the same image multiple times in different Robohelp chapters I want to add my (personal) bullet images over my main image. I have solved this by placing a "Positioned text box" over the main image and adding the bullet image in it. This works great for Flash help output but when I try to create Printed documentation the images are not longer placed over the main image but appear as separate images at the end of the chapter.

Is the another (better) way to place images over other images?
Or am I doing something wrong with the Printed documentation export.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 13, 2008 Nov 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could work around this by making a copy of the image with the bullet on it, name it differently, and insert it in the topic below the original (or above it, it doesn't matter which).

Then you assign the Online conditional tag to the original image, assign the Print tag to the copy, and then exclude the unwanted version from the online and print layouts.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2008 Nov 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the replies but If there are no direct solutions to this problem I think this is a bug. It does work for flash help output, so it should also work for printed documents word/pdf documents both support the needed functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp