• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save Flash games

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't save my progress on any flash game. I've tried to look up tips to troubleshoot here and elsewhere but none are working. When I right-click the flash window and go to settings, I only see Display, Microphone, Camera. There's no option for Storage. I went to the global settings and set storage to unlimited. It still won't let me save any game progress. I'm using the most up to date version of Flash and Firefox 3.6 if it matters. I greatly appreciate any help, this is frustrating!

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Try this: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html 

At that site you should see various Setting Panels on the left side also.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have set global storage to unlimited and check both the boxes below. I set global privacy to always trust/allow kongregate.com (the site I'm trying to use). This doesn't seem to allow me to save my progress though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I just realized the games are saved until I close my browser. Don't know if this helps anyone figure out what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Without going back and reviewing the wording of that one Setting, I don't know why closing the browser would do that.

If that were true then what would be the purpose of that Setting? I've have to check on that. Is there anything on that website or do they have a Forum? Surely other users would be having the same problem. I know what you are saying, I just don't know why yet.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll let you know what I find.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've realized that setting my Firefox privacy settings to Remember History (it was on Never Remember History) allows me to permanently save games. However it was my understanding that your browser settings shouldn't affect the .sol files used by Shockwave/Flash (I may be wrong). Yeah, the site does have a forum but I figured the people here would be more qualified to figure out the problem. I did contact their support through e-mail but they weren't much help, just an pre-typed response it seemed. As a workaround until I can figure it out, I'm going to try installing Google Chrome right now and only using it to play Flash games. Thanks for the responses! If you can think of anything else please let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I don't think the browser settings themselves effect the .sol cookies. I do know there is an addon/plugin/extension that delete those. Since I don't use FF, but my Dtr does and I remember her adding something to remove those.

Now that prompted me of a Setting that I think is in the browser that automatically deletes history, cookies, etc when the browser is closed. I've used her Vista PC several times and each time you closed a FF window, it would remove that. It is a Setting but I don't remember exactly where in the browser.

Maybe that's why the game info is not being saved? Something to check on.

Too bad the site didn't have better support.

Things have slowed down a little bit here on the Forum, so I'll search and see what I can find. Last night it was just too busy here. I still have my note:-)

Thanks

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines