Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems moving files to collapsed packages

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I'm frustrated with a new feature in Flash Builder that collapses packages that contain only other packages but no files. I've set my Package Presentation setting to "hierarchical", but the packages are still collapsed where there are no files in them. This is highly problematic for me when I want to move classes to a new package.

consider this use case -

I want to move class A to package x.y where package x contains no classes and only sub packages.

I want

x.A

as the result

but instead I end up with

x.y.A

Is there a work around for this? Am I missing something?

See this thread for other users experiencing this issue.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/498055?tstart=-1#498055

One solution for an improved user experience would be to expand collapsed packages during a drag action. This would preserve the package collapse enhancement without resulting in the above described issues with moving files to new packages. Thanks.

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry to clarify - I said I wanted to move class A to package x.y - but I meant - I want to move Class A to package x where package x contains a subpackage of y but no files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

How are you moving the file? Whether your drag/drop the file or select it > right click > Move... you should see a Move dialog pop up that provides you with the fully expanded tree view. There, you can select package x. Are you not seeing that dialog?

-Rebecca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines