• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to parse a word doc...

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2006 Jul 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an application that uses CFPOP to pull email and attachments from a vendor. The attachments are all word doc files that have the same name. I am trying to "read" the doc file for certain information and then rename the file based on this info and then re-attach the file and CFMAIL it to a different user...

Where I am having the problem is reading the word doc. Is it possible to parse a doc file for content without converting it or displaying it?

Thanks
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I can think of without using XML is to create a custom tag (written in C++ or Java) that parses the word document and passes the text as a variable back to you. A good example of a parser written in C++ can be found at:
http://www.codeproject.com/com/MSWACPP.asp
You should just have to adjust the code so it works with Coldfusion (Probably use a CFAPI DLL in this case).

Actually, you could perform the majority (if not all) of what you want to do right in the custom tag.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have added some code on my site that shows how to read a doc file using coldFusion.

I hope this helps you.
T
www.burnette.us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation