• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Saving

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save the Captivate 4 file I am working on I get the following error, "Unable to save the project. You do not have permission to save to this location or the file may be locked by another user. Please check your security privileges or try saving the file to a different location." I have tried saving to multiple locations and get the same error. I ran into this earlier on this project but finally managed to get it saved to one place, but now can't save back to that or any other place. I am running Windows XP with Administrator privileges. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have 25 screens and I don't really want to start over.

Thanks,

Christine

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christine

Where exactly are you attempting to save the project? If it's on a network share, you really need to save to your local C drive. In my classes I suggest that folks create a folder named Projects right off the root of the C drive. (C:\Projects) Then create a folder inside that for each project you create. (C:\Projects\Project1, C:\Projects\Project2, etc.)

Note that depending on how messed up Captivate has become with things and trying to save, you may need to restart Captivate or even the operating system before you finally manage to make it work.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried saving to the desktop of the C drive, to the My documents area, to a network drive, to an external hard drive, and to a flash drive. The same results everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 3.0 and am not please to see this bug is still happening in 4.0. So here's what I did. I was working on a Captivate project at my desk on my laptop that was docked to a docking station.I had not saved anything yet as I was only lining up my windows and seeing how it would look. I moved to a training room to begin recording. Captivate decided it didn't want to work anymore and I had closed it and reopened in while off the dock. I worked and recorded full motion with audio and went to save and got the same error you did. I cannot save to my desktop, network share, thumb drive. I cannot Publish or send the project via email. I have lost the ability to add images to the project.

I moved back to the dock thinking it might help but nothing. I'm going to have to do this all over again and what a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chopper

Sorry to hear about your saving woes. Unfortunately I can only offer my sympathy.

Out of curiosity, what is your operating system? Seems I've encountered something similar from time to time but never on Windows XP. It was always Vista that gave me fits. Additionally, your mention of a docking station throws a new wrinkle into the mix. This would perhaps imply that Captivate is possibly becoming confused with equipment that is there one moment (when docked) and missing the next (when undocked).

So have you tried a complete restart of the computer in either the docked or undocked state? Then record before changing the state and see if you are able to save. My thought is that if this seems to work, it would lend some credence to my theory about Captivate becoming confused. And if it fails, you may be looking at some configuration issue with Captivate and your PC.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started my project over and saved only my intro slide to my desktop. I was going to close Captivate. Move to the other room, plug everything in, open Captivate and see if I can work with it.

I am using XP and my other trainers who also have XP machines have noticed similar issues with moving between work areas while Captivate is open. It does seem to get confused and unusually so. No other program we have does this to us. We can move around and as soon as we reconnect to the network, everything works again. Except for Captivate.

I did find the only thing I was able to save at the time was an xml version of the project.I'm not sure if there is something here that can help to fix the issue. But it is posted below.

<?xml  version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" standalone="yes" ?>
- <xliff version="1.2" xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2" xmlns:cp="www.adobe.com/captivate" xmlns:htm="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xyz="urn:appInfo:Items" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2  xliff-core-1.2-strict.xsd">
- <file datatype="x-cp" date="2010-06-24T10:22:29.0Z" original="untitled.cp" source-language="en">
- <header>
<tool tool-company="Adobe" tool-id="AdobeCaptivate" tool-name="AdobeCaptivate" tool-version="2.0" />
- <count-group name="countGroup1">
<count count-type="total" unit="trans-unit">90</count>
<count count-type="total" unit="word">91</count>
<count count-type="total" unit="x-cp-slides">20</count>
</count-group>
</header>
- <body>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="4" id="10001" restype="x-cp-project">
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="73" restype="x-cp-project-exp-line-1">
- <trans-unit id="10001-73">
<source>This project has expired</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="74" restype="x-cp-project-exp-line-2">
- <trans-unit id="10001-74">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="591" restype="x-cp-project-password-message">
- <trans-unit id="10001-591">
<source>Please type the correct password directly into the text box below and  click Continue.</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="592" restype="x-cp-project-password-retry-message">
- <trans-unit id="10001-592">
<source>The Password you entered is incorrect. Please try again.</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="593" restype="x-cp-project-password-button-text">
- <trans-unit id="10001-593">
<source>Continue</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="71" id="10002" restype="x-cp-project-information">
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="428" restype="x-cp-project-info-name">
- <trans-unit id="10002-428">
<source>untitled</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="429" restype="x-cp-project-info-author">
- <trans-unit id="10002-429">
<source>chopper</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="430" restype="x-cp-project-info-company-name">
- <trans-unit id="10002-430">
<source>Bresnan Communications</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="431" restype="x-cp-project-info-email-address">
- <trans-unit id="10002-431">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="432" restype="x-cp-project-info-web-site">
- <trans-unit id="10002-432">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="433" restype="x-cp-project-info-copyright-info">
- <trans-unit id="10002-433">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="434" restype="x-cp-project-info-description">
- <trans-unit id="10002-434">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="106" id="10019" restype="x-cp-menu-manager" />
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="11" id="10026" restype="x-cp-slides">
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="31" id="51806" resname="Slide 1" restype="x-cp-image-slide">
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="50" restype="x-cp-slide-notes">
- <trans-unit id="51806-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="337" restype="x-cp-slide-label">
- <trans-unit id="51806-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="626" restype="x-cp-slide-accessibility-text">
- <trans-unit id="51806-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51807" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51819" resname="Slide 2" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="50" restype="x-cp-slide-notes">
- <trans-unit id="51819-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="337" restype="x-cp-slide-label">
- <trans-unit id="51819-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="626" restype="x-cp-slide-accessibility-text">
- <trans-unit id="51819-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51820" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51409" resname="Slide 3" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51409-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51409-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51409-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51410" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51413" resname="Slide 4" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51413-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51413-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51413-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51414" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51417" resname="Slide 5" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51417-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51417-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51417-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51418" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51421" resname="Slide 6" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51421-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51421-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51421-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51422" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51425" resname="Slide 7" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51425-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51425-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51425-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51426" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51429" resname="Slide 8" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51429-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51429-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51429-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51430" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51433" resname="Slide 9" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51433-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51433-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51433-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51434" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51437" resname="Slide 10" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51437-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51437-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51437-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51438" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51441" resname="Slide 11" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51441-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51441-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51441-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51442" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51445" resname="Slide 12" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51445-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51445-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51445-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51446" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51449" resname="Slide 13" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51449-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51449-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51449-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51450" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51453" resname="Slide 14" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51453-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51453-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51453-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51454" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51457" resname="Slide 15" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51457-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51457-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51457-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51458" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51461" resname="Slide 16" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51461-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51461-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51461-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51462" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51465" resname="Slide 17" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51465-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51465-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51465-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51466" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51469" resname="Slide 18" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51469-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51469-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51469-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51470" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51473" resname="Slide 19" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51473-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51473-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51473-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51474" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="32" id="51477" resname="Slide 20" restype="x-cp-color-slide">
- <trans-unit id="51477-50">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51477-337">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <trans-unit id="51477-626">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
<group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="69" id="51478" restype="x-cp-items" />
</group>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="10002" id="10028" restype="x-cp-quiz-manager">
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10007" restype="x-cp-quiz-next-button-name">
- <trans-unit id="10028-10007">
<source>Skip</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10008" restype="x-cp-quiz-back-button-name">
- <trans-unit id="10028-10008">
<source>Back</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10009" restype="x-cp-quiz-finish-button-name">
- <trans-unit id="10028-10009">
<source>Submit</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10011" restype="x-cp-quiz-e-mail-address">
- <trans-unit id="10028-10011">
<source />
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10068" restype="x-cp-quiz-correct-feedback-text">
- <trans-unit id="10028-10068">
<source>Correct - Click anywhere to continue</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10069" restype="x-cp-quiz-incorrect-feedback-text">
- <trans-unit id="10028-10069">
<source>Incorrect - Click anywhere to continue</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10022" restype="x-cp-quiz-retry-feedback-text">
- <trans-unit id="10028-10022">
<source>Try again</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10183" restype="x-cp-quiz-incomplete-feedback-text">
- <trans-unit id="10028-10183">
<source>You must answer the question before continuing</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10188" restype="x-cp-quiz-timeout-feedback-text">
- <trans-unit id="10028-10188">
<source>The time to answer this question has expired.</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10127" restype="x-cp-quiz-clear-button-name">
- <trans-unit id="10028-10127">
<source>Clear</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="10042" id="10030" restype="x-cp-quizzes">
- <group cp:datatype="x-object" extype="10003" id="10031" restype="x-cp-quiz">
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10002" restype="x-cp-quiz-name">
- <trans-unit id="10031-10002">
<source>Quiz</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10171" restype="x-cp-review-correct-message">
- <trans-unit id="10031-10171">
<source>You answered this correctly!</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10172" restype="x-cp-review-incomplete-message">
- <trans-unit id="10031-10172">
<source>You did not answer this question completely</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10173" restype="x-cp-review-incorrect-message-line-1">
- <trans-unit id="10031-10173">
<source>Your answer:</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10174" restype="x-cp-review-incorrect-message-line-2">
- <trans-unit id="10031-10174">
<source>The correct answer is:</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10165" restype="x-cp-results-pass-message">
- <trans-unit id="10031-10165">
<source>Congratulations, you passed.</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10166" restype="x-cp-results-fail-message">
- <trans-unit id="10031-10166">
<source>Sorry, you failed.</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
- <group cp:datatype="x-property" datatype="plaintext" extype="10170" restype="x-cp-results-e-Mail-button-text">
- <trans-unit id="10031-10170">
<source>Send E-mail</source>
</trans-unit>
</group>
</group>
</group>
</group>
</group>
</body>
</file>
</xliff>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2011 Mar 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same error with a project that included more than 50 slides. So just closing Captivate without saving was not an option for me. I initially opened the project from an external drive and for some reason, the drive got disconnected. Even after reconnecting the drive, I wasn't able to save the project. Trying to save on a local drive returned the same error.

I used the following workaround:

1. Opened a new instance of Adobe Captivate and selected the option to create a Blank Project (with same resolution as the initial project);

2. Copied all the slides from the previous project that could not be saved and pasted them into the Blank New Project;

3. Saved the New created project --> no errors anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources