Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Users with No Internet Acces can't open the HTML Helpfile

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2006 Jul 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

This may be a no brainer but i have created some helpfiles for our software, unfortunately when a user comes to open the files if they don't have internet access, the system returns a windows security error. The message states " not a trusted publisher".

We have corrected it internally by changing something in our registry files but we cannot expect our clients to do the same .

Can anyone shed some light on this.
Regards
Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are trying to get users to access CHM files that are on a network server. Nowadays server based help needs to be webhelp and CHM files need to be installed on the users PC. You can get CHMs to work from a server but it involves a registry change. Whilst the message you report is not the expected message, it sounds like this is the same issue.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

The CHM files are actually installed into the applications directory during installation. All they do is acces the file from their local pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

I've seen this before and my vague recollection is that this issue had something to do with the users virus checking programme. The "not a trusted publisher" rings a bell. What virus software do you have installed.

Is this happening on all PC ( can you try it on a PC with different virus s/w).
What operating system are you using.
What change did you make to the registry to fix the issue.

Hopefully someone else will pipe up with specific experiences.

Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The virus checker we use is E-trust. Unfortunately, I can open the helpfiles on my machine which has the same virus software. The only difference between the two machines is that I have internet access, where as our testers PC only has access to the internet at lunchtime's. We are both running Windows XP SP2.

We have corrected it on his by removing the http://activex.microsoft.com/objects/ocget.dll from his registry file.

Regards
Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

If it was me I'd just run some tests as a process of elimination.
Get your tester to disable the virus software - run the .chm
Get your tester to disable any spyware software she/he has running - run the .chm
Disconnect your internet access and try running the .chm.

If this doesn't work, can you post the entire error message?
There is also a lot so information on the ocget.dll causing problems if you are in the mood to google.......

Thanks
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Mark, are you using any of the Big Three items?

* Browse Sequences
* Glossary Tab
* WebSearch

If so, it's likely that your end user does not have the supporting HHActiveX.DLL file present and properly registered. Sometimes, when this is the case, the PC heads for the internet in search of the missing .DLL.

Click here for more information

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for jumping in Rick.
Good catch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2006 Jul 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats was the issue and it is now rectified.

Cheers guys for your help much appreciated.

Regards
Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2006 Jul 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thats was the issue and it is now rectified.

Cheers guys for your help much appreciated.

Regards
Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp