• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context-Sensitive Help-Map Files and Merged Projects

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a parent project that links to all my "child" projects.  In my child projects, I have map files in each one.  I am testing just one of the projects to start. In the map file in the Child Project, all the Map ID's show the blue "question mark/h" icon indicating that the ID's all match topics.  So everything looks great from the Child Project.

I go into the Parent Project,  and import the child project map file.  When I open the "Edit Map IDs" screen from the Parent Project, all the map ID's now show the yellow "h" icon indicating that the Map ID's don't match topics.

When the programmers go to try and link screens to my F1 Help, all they see is the Main page connected with my parent project.

Since the Map ID's aren't matching topics in the parent project, is this the problem, and if so, what's the best way to set up context-sensitive help with Merged Projects?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

What output type are you creating? If using WebHelp, check out this link.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What output type are you creating? If using WebHelp, check out this link.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Colum:

I did everything in the "Calling Merged Webhelp" section of the link and it worked like a charm.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp