• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to have Captivate switch to next slide during playback?

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2009 Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new project and imported a PowerPoint file made up of 6 slides. I recorded an audio for each slide. When I publish the project, I have to click to go to the next slide. How do I create a video where when the audio is done in each slide, it automatically goes to the next slide and so on?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When you import a PPT file, in the convert PowerPoint Presentation window, there is a dropdown which allowes you to select how you want the slides to advance - On mouse click, or Automatically. Select Automatically there, that should solve your problem.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if the slides are already there, you can delete the click box from the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed you may! And this is likely the quickest route for something as small as six slides.

If you have more than six, you might simply edit the properties of the Click Box on one slide, remove the pause, then use the Apply To All function to apply the change to all other slides.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that I should be able to remove all the click boxes (click next to continue) from all slides at once, but I can't figure out how exactly to do this. Can someone tell me what I should change in the properties box on the click box to have them not require a click or to remove them? Tx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Select the click box on the stage or on the Timeline (it is the blue small rectangle at the end of the timeline) and press Delete.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That allows me to remove the click boxes one at a time. How do I remove all of the "click next" click boxes in the training in one step instead of removing from every slide (it's about 40 slides)?

Tx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, try this (hope you do not have any other clicks required on the slides or you did not insert other click boxes): for one of the click boxes, de-activate the option 'Pause project until user clicks'  - I highlighted this in yellow. Than use the small round arrow button in the top right of this accordion (highlighted in green) and Apply to all items of same style. Normally now all click boxes will have lost their pausing, but you'd better check.

ClickPPT.jpg

Lilybiri

PS You'd better also de-activate the 'Show hand Cursor over Hit Area', forgot to do that in the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate doesn't provide a way to remove all click boxes from a project in one fell swoop.

The better strategy is not to accept the option to advance on click when you first import the PPT slides into Captivate.  It added the click boxes because that was the option you "chose".

Removing clickboxes from 40 slides should only take a few minutes, and is the much cleaner solution.  Having 40 objects in a Captivate movie that effectively do nothing but sit there and take up room, as well as all listen on every frame for events they are never going to respond to, is just wasting CPU and file size.

I'd play safe and just delete them all, making a mental note in the process to change the PPT import option next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources