Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TCS 3 trial won't install RoboHelp & Framemaker

Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, I own't need this, and someone in tech support will figure it out. But for 3 days, I've been getting Error 7 and now Error 6 from the installer, when it gets to Frame and Robohelp. We've uninstallled TCS 1, run the cleaner, tried re-installation. The CS5 components and Photoshop install fine, but it fails on what we really need it for, Frame and Robohelp.

I have a project underway, and we were hoping TCS would make the Help easier. Now I can't use anything. If it doesn't install soon (we have 27 days left on the trial, but that's not the issue--getting work done is), I'll try to re-install TCS 1.0, and hope this didn't impact it.

My boss is not feeling warm and fuzzy about a possible department upgrade, based on this.

Any help or suggestions for getting the two crucial components installed is appreciated. I'd go for standalone trials, but I hear those don't have the attractive couplings between the tools.

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a good idea to try a trial on the same machine that you've already got TCS installed (just general best practices). But now that you've mucked it up, I would give Adobe Support a call - they might be able to get you sorted out - it's usually a freebie. Did you try running Revouninstaller to clean up all traces of Adobe stuff before trying to install again? I'm assuming you've got full admin rights to your machine?

BTW - running the trial & installing the upgrade aren't the same experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ,

Please make sure that you run the set-up from a path that does not contain unicode characters or spaces.

If problem persists, please provide us the following information so that we can identify the issue with your installation:

1) Go to Temp directory ( type %temp%  in Start Menu->Run) and create a new file with the name ribs3debug ( please make sure that this file should not have any extension)

2) Make sure no other Adobe product is running

3) Run the set-up again

4) Once the set-up exits, go to <ProgramFileFolder>\Common Files\Adobe\Installers and share the installation log generated with the name Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3 (time stamp).log.gz.

Regards,

Anchal

FrameMaker Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines