• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 10 does not support speex!!!

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it really support speex? I dont think so.

No one answers any question related to speex, there's no article or documentation telling how to use speex.

My thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/825956 has got no replies either.

my questions:

1) Where is decoding? Flash player does it, we have no control when to decode our stream.

2) Where is AEC? Flash player 10.3 beta supports AEC but again developer cant control or figure out what happens with the audio stream inside the player.

3) Where is PLC? No way to control the packet loss?

4) No Speex functions available. What should I do if I want to resample my audio?!

After a little working experience on Speex codec, I was happy to hear that Flash player also supports speex and thought I could extend my appIication to browser. But journey so far has not been a bit encouraging

I am not here to insult Adobe, this post is out of pure frustration. So, pardon me.

I would be very happy even if I get a reply, positive or negative. Hope to hear something good before I drop my project.

Regards,

Pat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As expected, here goes yet another Speex related question unanswered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have no idea what speex is.  My guess is that other users here also don't know.

patsla wrote:

I was happy to hear that Flash player also supports speex ...

So where did you hear this; maybe you should pursue that source?

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard this hear,

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/features/video/speex/

by Trinic Uro, Senior Software Engineer, Adobe Systems

There are many other blogs which only tells the same thing, "Flash Player now supports Speex!!"

I can list atleast 20 of such links. But no one says how to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is not a Flash Player usage question, more like a Flash content development question.  Yes, I have seen that you have also posted in the developers' forums.

Tell you what: send a PM to Chris Campbell and see if he can help you find some answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you once again ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines