• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic List and Content Build Tags

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topic List view does not show Content Build Tag properties for all topics that have them.

Using Windows 7, 64-bit, RH9-HTML.

I double-checked the properties window for a few of the topics and they do indeed have a build tag selected, but that tag does not show up in the Content Build Tag column in the Topic List view.

I am not exactly sure when this changed, but I recently upgraded from RH8 to RH9.  Could have been then.

It appears that the tags are working for my generated layout.

Only other commonality seems to be that they are all topics not in a TOC (TOC=no), but there might be others.  Is this by design?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Hi there

I think we are comparing spiders to hedgehogs here. Build tags may be applied to content inside a topic. (Words, paragraphs, characters, Images, etc.) and those are Content level tags. But Build Tags may also be applied to the entire topic. There are two columns you may elect to show in the Topic List pod. You are showing the Content tag column. If you right-click the label bar and enable the Topic level column, you should then see that what you presented in the first image is listed the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Does anything change if you clear the CPD and allow RoboHelp to rebuild it?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope...I renamed the CPD and let RH rebuild it, but no, the build tags are still not in the Topic List view.

I also now have one broken link that was not there before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Sooo, are you maybe instead saying you don't see a column for the build tags? Or do you have the column present, but some tags are listed and some aren't?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...the column is there (Detail View) and the tags are there for some topics.

Capture3.jpg

For the ones that are not showing in the Topic List, the Topic Properties do have them marked and these topics used to (RH8?) have their tags show up in the List.

Capture4.jpg

Thanks for your replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I think we are comparing spiders to hedgehogs here. Build tags may be applied to content inside a topic. (Words, paragraphs, characters, Images, etc.) and those are Content level tags. But Build Tags may also be applied to the entire topic. There are two columns you may elect to show in the Topic List pod. You are showing the Content tag column. If you right-click the label bar and enable the Topic level column, you should then see that what you presented in the first image is listed there as it appears to have a tag applied at the topic level.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah-ha!!  Thank you so much...the upgrade to RH9 must have reset the columns in my list view.  I am glad it was just operator error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp