Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 - Converting from RH5 and TOC is blank

Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a project with RH9 that was created in RH5 but it did not convert or even create my TOC. Was I supposed to set something before I converted? How can I get my TOC (not auto-generated) they way it was? Any suggestions? I did the conversion a test machine before they software was loaded to my laptop so I have the opportunity to convert the project again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2011 Mar 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the RH community first of all.

OK having a backup of your old RHX5 project is a good step as we may need it. Now when you say there is no TOC in your RH9 project do you mean there is no TOC file or that the TOC is empty when the output is produced? Look for a <projectname>.hhc in Windows Explorer. If it is there, have a further look in the Project Manager pod inside RH9. If you look down there, there should be an expandable Table of Contents hierarchy which should have your TOC. If you double click on that, you should be able to see your TOC contents.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The TOC didn't display when I compiled the project, the output was empty.

I started to manually re-created the TOC so the .hhc was only the new selections I made. I'm going to convert my project again on my PC and check for the .hhc file before I do anything else.

Cheri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted the file again, and the TOC is in the Project Manager pod and in the compliled version - Yeah!

On the first file I converted, I may have renamed the project before I opened it in RoboHelp so they may have been my problem.

Thanks for the support of this forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is never a good idea to rename files outside of RoboHelp if you want your project to know what you've done

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are sooo right! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp