• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Favicons - Converting PNG/JPG to ICO

Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Im trying to find a way to convert a png/jpg image to a favicon.ico in Coldfusion 8/9?  Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!

Dustin

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by 'in' ColdFusion 8 or 9?

If you are thinking of users uploading images and then having CF convert them, I don't think that is something it is meant to do.  You might be able to find something in Java that does this and then tap CF's ability to use Java to extend itself.

If you just want to use png/jpg as a favicon in your html, just put the appropiate HTML markup into your document to do this, most browsers will understand it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not mandatory to convert the image into .ico format, really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon

-Fernis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 25, 2010 Mar 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all!  Im mainly looking for a script that will convert jpg/png files to ico.  I didn't think there was a way to convert them with CF but thought I would see if anyone had come across any Coldfusion Open Source project that someone came up with recently.  I'll probably have to go the Java route if I want to still go this way, it will take some time since Im not an experienced Java programmer, but in between I'll just use the different html tags to represent/display the specific image type.  Thanks again for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding a post to close this topic. Thanks all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you end up doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly we created a PNG and used that file instead of the ICO. Then made the appropriate changes to the HTML to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2011 Sep 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Favicon generator and png to ico converter

favicon.ico generator

png to ico convertor

-sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation