• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The best Microphones Captivate on a Mac

Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good microphone to improve sound quality when recording voice over for captivate 5 using a mac. I.e to record audio example for narratives, demos  etc. Thanks.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2011 Mar 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate.

I pesonally, use the mic below, it is really good, and a great mic to get.

http://www.bluemic.com/yeti/

Another one that is really good the Rode PodCaster.  This is actually a more expensive mic.  It has a nice accessory of a table mounted boom mic arm which is a usefull thing.

http://www.rode.com.au/

type in "review" with the mic's above and you will see how good they are.  I was recommended these two mics by one of the users of this site specifcally for elarning-voice over recording type of things.

The blue yeti is a great mic, you can hear its quality below..

http://www.blcstudents.com.au/tutorials/col-fill/colour-fill.htm

Anyway, thats a good place to start šŸ™‚

PS. You should get a pop filter for the mic, unless you ge the Rode Podcaster, as it has this built in.

PPS. Sounds recording can also be cleaned with Adobe Soundbooth, which adds the shine to what you hear.  I havnt used soundbooth on the above recording though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Rode Podcaster and find it excellent, as well as very convenient to position using the boom arm and shockmount.

But I still have a Rode proprietary pop filter added to it as well.  I find the internal pop filter doesn't stop enough pops for my liking.

I also agree with the Yeti being a great mike for elearning. It has several recording modes, one of which allows you to record a conversation between two people (e.g. an interview) with the mike positioned in the middle.  I'm dying to try that out in a course someday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2011 Mar 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

I'm quite happy with my Shure PG42 USB microphone, it is very well adapted to voice frequencies, I do use a pop filter but even without the filter explosive sounds are acceptable.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources