• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSS display issues re font size and dialog view, possibly related.

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I applied H5 and H6 styles from my updated/renamed default stylesheet to text in the Design View. The reformatted text conformed to the Styles and Formatting display (RH8). However, in the browser view, those styles were two points larger than in the Design View. Why?

2. In investigating #1, my manager noted that the .css stylesheet, when opened in Notepad, didn't list the H5 and H6 styles. The RH8 > Styles dialog, accessed from the Project Manager by clicking on the  Style Sheets > css listing, does list H5 and H6, albeit as inherited styles.

• Are inherited styles automatically excluded from the "true" css stylesheet?
  • How do I ensure that inherited styles are added to the stylesheet? (Must I duplcate and rename them?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If the headings are not present in your css and you edit them through the RH css editor, RoboHelp normally adds them to your style sheet. Do you use more than one style sheet and if so, have you checked all style sheets?

When you use a heading style without styling it either inline or in a css, the browser will show the default styling. To make sure this doesn't happen, make sure the styles are in your css. If editing through the css editor won't work, try adding them manually to your css:

h5{}

h6{}

You should then be able to tweak them trough the css editor.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2011 Mar 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The styles were/are in the css. I use only a single css.

Glenn Scott Michaels

www.gsmichaels.com

http://sitekreator.com/gsmichaels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2011 Mar 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you checked the CSS in the source is the same as the CSS in the output?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp