• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connecting to Dynamic Link server failed

Advocate ,
Mar 26, 2011 Mar 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to import a sequence from another project into a current project, and got 'Connecting to Dynamic Link server failed' after a minute or so. I had started seeing this a few weeks ago when attempting to import a sequence from PPro into AME, but didn't pay much attention since I could easily perform the encode starting in PPro.

I've just tried to import a PPro sequence into AE, and it works. Also tried a couple of other Dynamic Link functions - 'Send to Encore' and 'New After Effects Composition', and they work as well.

I'd hoped that it was the firewall issue, and that my firewall had been turned on, but no, it's off. I can hardly find any mention of this anywhere, save for the firewall problem, so it looks like this may be specific to my PC.

Steve Brame

creative illusions Productions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 26, 2011 Mar 26, 2011

Something messed with some files or registry settings is my guess. I would try to reinstall the suite to see if that solves it. Initially just a repair install, but if that does not work, then a complete reinstall, with Cleanscript, may be necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2011 Mar 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something messed with some files or registry settings is my guess. I would try to reinstall the suite to see if that solves it. Initially just a repair install, but if that does not work, then a complete reinstall, with Cleanscript, may be necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 27, 2011 Mar 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was afraid of. I'm going to attempt the repair. However, if I have to do a reinstall, this will, strangely enough, be the first time I've ever had to do so, and I've been using PPro since 6.5! Guess I've been lucky.

So, since it may be my innaugural reinstall, is there a method for preserving all of my installed plugins and their respective registrations? Or do I have to totally reinstall all of them as well?

Steve Brame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got lucky this time. Repairing seems to have restored Dynamic Link capability. Thanks Harm!

Steve Brame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. I wish other questions were are easily solved. Anyway, happy editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2011 Jul 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue, was trying to open a Premiere Pro CS5.5 file in Encoder and got

the error "Connecting to Dynamic Link server failed" i have reinstalled PP CS5.5 and encoder and still the same

issue. How do you perform a repair? any other suggestions greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sebrame wrote:

Repairing seems to have restored Dynamic Link capability

Now, while everything is working properly, buy software to make a complete backup of your boot drive

Hardware crashes or virus infections happen, so you should buy AND USE software to make a full backup of your hard drive to an external USB hard drive... plus, making step-by-step backups during a new install or major program addition makes it easy to go back a step if something doesn't work
This backup and then restore is, of course, only to the same computer with a new drive (or the same drive as long as you don't mind writing over everything) since doing a restore to a new computer won't work due to Windows and many programs having activation information that is keyed to your hardware (which is why Windows will force you to RE-Activate if you change very much hardware)
The product I use is at http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-linux.htm
Image runs off of a bootable CD via Linux (the Zip you download includes a program to make the bootable CD) and it reads EVERYTHING on the drive, even the hidden registration information, so everything is restored when needed... and you may restore the image to a brand new drive in case of a crash, and not have to re-install anything
Please note that I own no part of Image, and I don't get a referral fee (that is just a plain web link) but I use the program and it has saved me a LOT of trouble when I had a hard drive die... and I was able to restore everything and not have to re-install or re-activate a single program, from Windows on up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been searching/troubleshooting for days, none of the firewall, new shortcuts in folder, antivirus, you name it I tried it even wiped my system which seemed to work at first..

What did it for me in the end was I had Dxtory (a software recorder, for recording gameplay) running on startup, and somehow it interfered with only Premiere projects in Media Encoder, I could still import AE projects go figure.

Check all the programs you have running or use sometimes, if they have some sort of hook into other programs/deal with video/codecs this could be your problem too!

Thanks to everyone trying to solve this problem!

-JonOfAllGames

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines