• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader 'Attach to Email' is not working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2011 Mar 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client that is running Windows 7 and when opening a PDF with Adobe Reader is unable to use the "Attach to Email" function. We tried this with Adobe X, Adobe 9.3, Adobe 9.4.2. None of these will work. An error occurs: "Acrobat is unable to connect to your email program." We get the same error on any of these versions. For some reason Adobe 9.3.4 upgrade does not install with 9.3, where I read in a resource discussion that this version should work ion Windows 7.

Adobe Reader X seems to be a known issue with Windows 7 for this problem. My client recently upgraded from Windows XP and did not have this problem on that OS. A current work-around is to save the PDF then attach it to an email, but she would greatly prefer to use the Attach to Email function within Adobe Reader without having to save the PDF and manually attach it.

Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

I found a solution:

open regedit and found the KEY

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail. You will find 2 or more key like "windows mail" "outlook" etc...

You have to erase all the key but not the one of you REAL mail client.

For example if you use Outlook you have to leave only the Outlook KEY.

In that way I solve that problem on Acrobat Reader X installed on Windows 7 64bit with Outlook 2010 as e-mail client.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2011 Mar 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried with protected mode off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We did try turning protected mode off. That did not resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2011 Mar 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have our user try it with protected mode off and report back, but this is also an issue with other versions of Adobe Reader. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2011 Mar 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue might be related to the Adobe Supported email clients. It would be great if you could share with me some machine specific details so that we can dig deep into the issue.

1) Which default email client was the user using when the Machine was XP? Which default email client is the user using now that the machine has been upgraded to Win7?

2) Is the Machine 32 bit or 64bit?

3) Is the email client (if it is Outlook) 64bit?

Thanks in advance

- Abhilasha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) The email client is the same for the old WinXP install and the new Win7 install. Both are Lotus Notes 8.5. Lotus Notes is set to the default email client.

2) Both old XP and new Win7 installs are 32 bit.

3) Email client is Lotus Notes 8.5, 32 bit.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue using Acrobat X and Thunderbird 3.1.6 on Windows 7.  Attach to email function is NOT working.

It worked when I had outlook 2007 installed, but I couldn't find where to change the setting to thunderbird.

I uninstalled outlook.  Now the attach to email feature won't work at all.

Thunderbird is set to the default email client in windows . . . this is extremely annoying!!

File > Attach to email . . .  It appears this feature doesn't work with any emails client except outlook??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated email client to Thunderbird 3.1.9 and this is still not working.  Apparently this was also an issue with Acrobat Reader 9.3.4 and older versions of Thunderbird.

http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/950100-solved-acrobat-unable-connect-your.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apr 1, 2011

I have the same issue using Acrobat X and Thunderbird 3.1.6 on Windows 7.  Attach to email function is NOT working.

It worked when I had outlook 2007 installed, but I couldn't find where to change the setting to thunderbird.

I uninstalled outlook.  Now the attach to email feature won't work at all.

Thunderbird is set to the default email client in windows . . . this is extremely annoying!!

File > Attach to email . . .  It appears this feature doesn't work with any emails client except outlook??????

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attach to email worked on WinXP for Lotus Notes 8.5 email client (maybe an older Adobe Reader, version 9.4), but not after we upgraded to Win7. No Adobe Reader versions we have tried will work on Win7 for Lotus Notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2011 Apr 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working reliably for me on Windows XP with Office 2007.  I was testing this with one of our users, but after trying this half a dozen times, the user only received one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution:

open regedit and found the KEY

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail. You will find 2 or more key like "windows mail" "outlook" etc...

You have to erase all the key but not the one of you REAL mail client.

For example if you use Outlook you have to leave only the Outlook KEY.

In that way I solve that problem on Acrobat Reader X installed on Windows 7 64bit with Outlook 2010 as e-mail client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I have a user with the same issue, trying to send a pdf file per email. The email client he wants to use is Lotus Notes.  Same error occurs, although he apparently has the setting Lotus Notes as preferred email client.

See print screens attached.  Can you give me a solution to this? What exactly does he need to modify?

Error1.JPG

Error 2.JPG

Error 3.JPG

Thanks a lot for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Can you please help with this topic?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please just Check for updates and repair acrobat and Microsoft office as well. This really helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines