• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Table Rows

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2006 Jul 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on a comparison table that compares 4 products. In the first column is the feature and the 2,3,4 and 5th columns have a bullet of whether that product has that feature. After I have gathered all the information, I would like to place them in a certain order. So far, I have only been able to move one cell content at a time vs the whole row. Is it possible to move a whole row to another area in the table?

Thank you,

Currently using:
Robohelp for HTML Help X4.1
Layout: Webhelp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 18, 2006 Jul 18, 2006
Thank you for the clarification Colum. I will give the TrueCode tab a try.

Thanks again,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chazeray and welcome to the forums. Unfortunately you have discovered the joys of working with tables in RH. You can't use the WYSIWYG to copy entire rows/columns - just one cell at a time. However if you are comfortable with the HTML generated you can go into the Truecode tab and copy/paste the code there. If in doubt about doing this, take a backup of your project first so you can recover if you need to. You can highlight a row in the WYSIWYG and then do to the truecode to see the selected HTML if you need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification Colum. I will give the TrueCode tab a try.

Thanks again,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 19, 2006 Jul 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The key point is to pick up everything beginning with <tr etc..... and ending with </tr>, and take care to insert all of it between a </tr> and <tr etc.....

This works well for smaller tables.

A strategy for sorting bigger tables is:

1. Make the table as simple as possible in RH (borders, padding, formatting, etc.);
2. Generate print output for the one topic, or just the table in its own topic;
3. Sort and otherwise manipulate rows and columns in Word;
4. Import the revised table into RH;
5. Strip out all the source code junk from the import (it can thwart your attempts to reformat the table);
6. Adjust table specs and formatting in RH.

Alternatively, create the table in Word and go to step 4 above.

Yes, step 5 is a pain. But I have gotten pretty proficient using FAR (or other text editor) to delete everything between <td etc. and the closing bracket to make it just <td> for every cell in the entire table. Then I have a bare-bones structure that responds to RH settings.

Admittedly, a lot of people will not find this method attractive.

By the way, chazeray, I hope your login name reflects the stuff you have to read, and not the Help files you publish. (Ho, ho, in-joke.)

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp