Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a new project from existing project in RH6

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Like in Word, file can be saved by clicking on 'save as' and that makes a copy of the existing file. I was wondering if something like that can be done in RH6 HTML, I want to create a new project using the existing project. Basically, creating a new version of the project while keeping the old version intact. Is it possible? I would appreciate if anybody can guide me on that.

Thanks

Sangeeta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sangeeta

RoboHelp does not offer any form of File > Save As. But this does not mean you cannot accomplish what you want.

Basically what you need to do is close the project in RoboHelp. Then from Windows Explorer, copy the folder to a new location. Then open the project in the new location and click File > Rename Project. Once you do this you will have a completely new project you can then begin to modify.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2011 Mar 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick for your quick respons.

I have been trying to reply you since yesterday but somehow there was no link to reply you in your response box. Well, anyway i am finally in luck to be able to reply you back.

I tried your suggestion but the Rename option is disabled for me, perhaps, my RH 6 project is connected to Microsoft Visual Source Safe (VSS) version control software. In the mean time this is what i have tried and still stuck with the problem:

1. I copied the folder in VSS to a new location. I then set a new local working folder pointing to this new location in VSS.
  2. When i tried to open RH project from the new location, it opened but was still saving changes to the old location in VSS.
  3. Since, I couldn't figure out how to reconnect RH to the different new location in VSS, I changed the xpj file at the local new Working folder using Notepad. The change involved, changing the VSS folder path to the new location (<value>"$/Version3.2/Web/RoboHelp", MQVEAAAA</value>) from its old location (<value>"$/Version2.4/Web/RoboHelp", MQVEAAAA</value>).
  4. Since, the change was done locally in my working folder i am unable to transfer the changes to VSS using RH6.
  5. Also, i am not sure if this is the only change required and xpj is the correct file to change. I could not find any documentation related to this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the prompt reply again.

I went through the article but it is disassociating version control software from the RH project. I want to change the association from old location to new location.

While RH project is still associated to VSS (version control software), is the xpj file the only file to be changed? And, is changing the VSS folder path to the new location (<value>"$/Version3.2/Web/RoboHelp", MQVEAAAA</value>) from its old location (<value>"$/Version2.4/Web/RoboHelp", MQVEAAAA</value>) is the only change needs to be done in xpj file.

Regards,

Sangeeta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp