• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you set Presenter to display "presenter tab"? I loose it when I work on a project and save.

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2011 Mar 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to reset "add-ins" under OPTIONS but it will not hold the check mark?   Therefore, I cannot complete the project and publish since the Presenter Tab no loger displays in the .pptx I'm working in ?    Have any of you experienced this.  It is probably something rather simple but I've looked and tried everything.

thanks for your help.

Susan

sagegroup@msn.com

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

If I am correct you are not able to get the Presenter tab in office. Have you tired removing the add-in from PowerPoint add-in options? Also what is the version of Office you have and what is your Operating System?

If you have PowerPoint 2007 Then,

1. Go to Add-in and select Adobe Presenter PowerPoint COM Addin and Remove it.

2. Close PowerPoint program completely.

3. Open PowerPoint again.

4. Go to Add-in and select Add... and Browse to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Presenter 7\MenuLauncher.dll

5. Click Ok and close PowerPoint.

6. Open PowerPoint and you must find the Presenter Tab.

Thanks,

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you will want to uninstall Presenter and reinstall.  I have seen this in the past and in some cases it was best to uninstall Powerpoint, uninstall Presenter, then reboot, then reinstall Powerpoint, then reinstall Presenter and then make sure you run the Presenter updater until you see you are on 7.05 or higher. There are significant fixes in the later builds of Presenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your assistance. I have done these steps and it seems when I save work and go back into it the presenter tab is gone. While I try to go to Options and then to Add INS, the Presenter box is unchecked, will not hold the checkbook on exit and I have even tried to Add the path for the Presenter Addin. Still no luck. It is a conundrum. Am I missing something simple in the setup or any place else that might cause this problem?

Thank you

Susan

Susan Hirst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That indicates to me that the DLL's that Microsoft provides for partner add-ins are damaged.  The way to fix this is to completely uninstall Powerpoint, then reboot, then reinstall Powerpoint.  Also, please make sure you are on the latest version of Presenter. Those DLL's are known to be problematic but reinstalling Powerpoint should help. Since moving to Powerpoint 2010, that problem went away completely for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you call in to Adobe Support and they will want to diagnose what is getting in the way.  Clearly, there is a problem on your PC and it might be a Powerpoint issue but it could be something else causing the com module not to engage the Presenter plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the answer, thanks to all...we are good to GO!

susan

Susan Hirst

The Sage Group

Educational Partner for

Dermatology Education & Resource Mentors

Primary email: sagegroup@msn.com

DermEd email: susan@DermEdOnline.com

Sage phone/fax: 412.741.9580

DERM phone/fax: 412.539.9322

Cell phone: 330.224.3780

Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:20:42 -0600

To: sagegroup@msn.com

Subject: How do you set Presenter to display "presenter tab"?  I loose it when I work on a project and save.

I suggest you call in to Adobe Support and they will want to diagnose what is getting in the way. Clearly, there is a problem on your PC and it might be a Powerpoint issue but it could be something else causing the com module not to engage the Presenter plug-in.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susan,

Good to hear that it works for you. You are all set then.

Have a great day then!

Thanks,

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes sir...we are Publishing and the Presenter tab is still with us! Thanks again for your help and so quickly. I did send Shantanu an email and cc: you as well.

Warmest regards,

susan

Susan Hirst

The Sage Group

Educational Partner for

Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:59:01 -0600

Subject: How do you set Presenter to display "presenter tab"?  I loose it when I work on a project and save.

Susan,

Good to hear that it works for you. You are all set then.

Have a great day then!

Thanks,

Ravi

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susan,

It may be possible that one of PowerPoint settings file may be corrupted, please search your system for these two files - "PPT12.pcb" or "PPT14.pcb". If you find anyone of them or both of them, just delete them and then try to publish the presentation.

Usaually these files are located at: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\PowerPoint

Thanks,

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAT DID IT!!!!! THANK YOU , THANK YOU , THANK YOU!!!! NOW ON WITH THE SHOW!

WARMEST REGARDS,

SUSAN

Susan Hirst

The Sage Group

Educational Partner for

Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:34:32 -0600

Susan,

It may be possible that one of PowerPoint settings file may be corrupted, please search your system for these two files - "PPT12.pcb" or "PPT14.pcb". If you find anyone of them or both of them, just delete them and then try to publish the presentation.

Usaually these files are located at: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\PowerPoint

Thanks,

Ravi

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you quick response. I have Powerpoint 2010 and Presenter 7.05 with all the patches loaded. However when I reopen a .pptx the Presenter tab is not present. I go to Options - Add INS and the Presenter box is not checked. When I check it, it does not hold the check upon exit. I have also tried to add the path for Presenter and it still does not work.

I thought it might be in the Save or security, but that all looks ok?

I have uninstalled and re-installed several times and have the same issue. Am I missing something in the setup or any other program nuance that would cause the problem?

Thanks again

Susan

Susan Hirst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources