• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links in PDF from View Mode Not Working

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, bear with me as I'm not totally familiar with Robohelp.

I have a PDF file, lets call it (PDF1).  Inside PDF1 is a flowchart with a link to another PDF (PDF2) file.

When I open PDF1 outside of RoboHelp, the link to PDF2 works.

When I open PDF1 from the view mode (sunglasses), the link to PDF2 doesn't work.  It doesn't do anything at all.  I click on the link and nothing happens.

I have ensured that the link within PDF1 is correct and pointing to the right file, and like I said, it works when viewed external of Robohelp.

Does anyone know how to fix this or what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

I'm not sure I fully comprehend the issue. You are previewing. This will impose some limitations and really is only there to approximate the end user experience.

You say that if you open things outside of RoboHelp the links work fine. And this is really how the end user will be using things, no? So if it works fine in this mode I'm not understanding why there is an issue.

Out of curiosity, why PDF? You are hopefully aware that one might supply PDF only for the purposes of printing, right? Otherwise, if your end user will be expecting to click links or whatever, you should be outputting a help format. (CHM, WebHelp, FlashHelp, AIR Help, etc)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick.  What you've said makes perfect sense, unfortunately I won't be able to test it until Friday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp