Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Adobe DE no longer recognises my ECO Reader

Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The e reader icon has suddenly stopped appearing in the left hand pane of Adobe DE. I haven't changed anything on my computer or ECO Reader. Last week the icon was there and this week it isn't. It's frustrating because I transfer my purchased ebooks by dragging them across to the icon. My computer still recognises my ECO Reader as an external hard drive. Is there a way i can re-authorise my e reader with Adobe DE? Or any other way I can get Adobe DE to recognise it again???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In order to fix the the problem follow the instructions as given below.

1) Open Digital Editions.
                    2) Connect the Reader.
                    4) Now unplug the Reader and replug it.
                    5) You will find a new drive created similar to C or D drive under My computer.
                    6) Open the Readers Drive and you will find a folder with name adobe.digital.editions.
                    7) Delete this folder..
                    8) Now Open Digital Editions and connect your Reader again and authorize it.
..                  9) Now try to transfer books to your Reader.

Regards

Rizwan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work.

When I plugged in the ECO reader without Digital Editions being open, I saw the reader as E drive.

However, when I plugged it in with Digital Editions open, the reader doesn't show up at all in My Computer. This is still true if I unplug it and plug it back in as per step 4 below

I don't know what's going on ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2011 Mar 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem with the Aluratek Libre PRO. It started with not reading the Adobe PDFs. I saw that I was supposed to upgrade the firmware, but that hasn't worked either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines