• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting PDFs into word documents

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since downloading Adobe X I have been unable to insert a PDF document into a word document (using both Office 2007 and Office 2010).  I get the following error message:

"The program used to create this object is AcroExch.  That program is either not installed on your computer or it is not responding.  The edit this object install AcroExch or ensure that any dialog boxes in AcroExch are closed".

As this was a function I used with no problems prior to the download of Adobe X I can only assume that it is to do with the download.

Any ideas please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

May be a problem of the protection mode of Adobe Reader X.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you download? Adobe Acrobat X or Adobe Reader X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader X, do I need Acrobat X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be a problem of the protection mode of Adobe Reader X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd,

Many thanks, that was the answer. I played around and unticking the enable

protected mode at startup, in the preferences section resolved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem but with Adobe Acrobat Standard 9.5. and Word 64bit (Windows 7 64bit). I don't have the Option Protect Mode...

Adobe Reader X is not Installed... Any idea?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but with Adobe Reader 9.3 and Windows 7 MS Office 2010 64 bit.  I am unable to insert a pdf object into Word or Powerpoint.  For word, I get:

"The program used to create this object is AcroExch.  That program is either not installed on your computer or it is not responding.  The edit this object install AcroExch or ensure that any dialog boxes in AcroExch are closed". 

For Powerpoint, I get:

"The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or returned an unknown error.   You mayneed to reinstall the server application." 

Note:  I was able to perform this task without issue previously with the same software.  Was an update sent out that may have caused the issue? 

Or is there a solution to resolve the issue?  The ony solution I have sound is Disabling Protect Mode which does not apply to this version of Reader. 

Any help would be greately appreciated.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution I found was to creaate a .zip file of the .pdf and insert that one.  Worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem with Word 2010 32-bit

How do you make a .zip file from an embedded object ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have Word 2007 enterprise 64bit, Adobe Acrobate X Pro (I have the entire adobe suite) and Adobe Reader XI.

I have tried every sugestion out there, includeing uninstalling Reader XI and installing 9.5 with restarts in between and after for good measure. = Failed to resolve the issue

I found the security box mentioned here as a possible resolution, in some versions the box is not under "General" it was under "Privacy" unchecked it = Failed to resolve the issue

This worked fine back in Sept-Dec 2012 so this must be releated to an update to one of my programs and it is driving me mad! Why does it seem like both adobe and Microsoft take no responsibility for resolving this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to insert an Adobe file as an Object (showing as an icon) in a Word document and get the error: "The program used to create this object is AcroExch. That program is either not installed.... " and so forth.

Environment is:

Windows 7 64 bit

Office 10 64 bit

Adobe Acrobat XI Version 11.0.08

Reports of this bug go back years but seem to focus in an environment using 64 bit Office with no solutions.  I tried 3 computers in my office with similar configurations and all have the same error. Fortunately we have one older computer running the 32 bit Office 10 and that instance works correctly.

I'd really not have to remove my Office 64 bit version and replace it with a 32 bit version....

Does Adobe have a fix for this? The bug has been reported for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sparkchaser wrote:

The bug has been reported for years.

And the solution offered 3½ years ago does not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To whom it still may concern:

I have Office 2010 64bit and I struggled to insert PDF documents for many months. I tried all of workarounds described here (except trying to ZIP PDF file) and in any forum that I found with Google. None of them worked.

But I was lucky to came up with following workaround: Install FoxIt PDF viewer. Somehow this fix my issue.

The only problem now is that PDF file is inserted with incorrect icon. To fix this click on "Change Icon..." -> "Browse..." -> locate your Adobe Reader binaries (for me it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\acroRd32.exe)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines