• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displaying Search Results from only one Topic

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH8.02, generating output in Webhelp.  Our help system has multiple projects of only one topic each.  When I use the search function in any particular one, only one result comes up... the lone topic in that project.  Is there a way for RoboHelp to display multiple search results from the same topic?  If, for example, I search for "Event Costs" the search will tell me that it found two results (Event and Cost) in one topic, even though that phrase is used many times in that topic.  How can I get it to display all of the places that phrase is used without having to scroll through the entire topic?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

That's not really the way RoboHelp works. Normally you have hundreds or thousands of different topics. Each topic holding a specific nugget of information that is part of the larger whole. Search would then return topics of interest.

Why do you have many projects with each project consisting of a single topic?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I took over the documentation, my IT guys wanted a separate help file for each module of our software.  I think it makes it easier for them to manage a context-sensitive help feature that we have.  Originally, the help system was a conglomeration of all individual topics (this is still used at our main web portal), but that wasn't sufficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but you probably won't be able to accomplish your goal then.

Even if you split things up into many topics, RoboHelp will not list all the different places a term is used inside any given topic. RoboHelp 8 does allow highlighting of search terms in web based otuputs. Have you tried that option? Perhaps it would help.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I thought. I've suggested the Highlighting option, it's not really feasible. I've also suggested eliminating the search from the output altogether and creating a really thorough index. I'm becoming more resigned to the idea of using ZoomSearch, as suggested by Peter Grainge. It has a Java script add-on that allows users to jump to a particular highlighted search result.

ZoomSearch has so many options regarding output formats (API, CGI, JavaScript, etc.) that I've got my IT guys looking into what might be our best option. Regrettably, all of the research I've done has led me back to the same place... the third party ZoomSearch. Thanks very much for the prompt feedback, as I've been pulling my hair out (what's left of it, anyway) for a few days about this.

Thank you,

Michael Michaud

Documentation Analyst

Capital Planning, Altus Group

T: 905.714.1483 M: 905.341.1483

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp