• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running ePub Generator - 'TOC file missing'???

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just followed all of the directions in Ankur's post  (http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/tag/ebook) to compile ePub from my RoboHelp HTML project (RH8 in TCS2), and I keep getting the  error message "TOC file missing". When I click OK in that dialog, I get "Script completed successfully!"...

My project contains a TOC file, and it is in the right place. What is wrong with this script, or what have I done wrong? Has anyone successfully run this script? If so, please share the corrections/additions to Ankur's post that I need to do.

Cheers,

Marlo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2010 Oct 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marlo,

There is nothing wrong with the script. It is working fine.

Initially I was also facing the same problem.

But the issue is, if you are having spaces in the name of your project then you will face this kind of problem.

Try to generate the epub output after removing the spaces from the project name.

I hope it would resolve your issue.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don't know if you're still having the problem with the TOC not displaying. I just ran across your post today - November 9, 2010. If you're still having the problem - not getting the TOC in Adobe Digital Editions - the answer may be that you haven't set the XML handler correctly. Make sure the handler is set to XHTML and try to generate the output again. This time, you should get the TOC in Adobe Digital Editions.

Neil Perlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also make sure that the base filename of your XML output matches your project name. For example, if your project is named Acme_Widget_User_Guide.xpj, set the name of your XML output to Acme_Widget_User_Guide.xml. (Do this in the Select Output Folder and File Name field in your XML Output generation wizard window.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp