• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I configure my workspace for my build machine? fb.exportreleasebuild needs absolute paths

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make my build machine use fb.exportReleaseBuild and I feel like I am missing something obvious.

I know that my build machine needs Flash Builder installed, and I can get it to run FlashBuilderC.exe and tell it to build the appropriate build.xml file. However, fb.exportReleaseBuild requires the Flash Builder workspace on the build machine to be aware of all of the projects I'm trying to build.

My original idea was to simply create an eclipse workspace on the build machine and save it to source control. Then, the build machine would get the latest source, and I would point FlashBuilderC.exe to the the synced workspace folder, and everything would build without issue. However, Eclipse appears to store the paths to the open projects as absolute paths. Therefore, I can't check in a workspace to source control unless I know exactly where the build machine will happen to check out the source code.

How do I make a workspace that can be stored in source control so that my fb.exportReleaseBuilds can build the code I sync from source control.

Many thanks,

Taylor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is a valid limitation of the existing setup. Putting the whole workspace in source control is not recommended.

Would you mind filing an enhancement request for this? (I've heard other people also bring this up, but they did not file one).

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to post an idea on the ideas.adobe.com (which I believe is the right forum), but I was unable to due to an error:

http://screencast.com/t/wkdu2jMK19E

Error: create member -3

Is there someone I can contact about this error? Is there another way for me to post an enhancement request as part of the prerelease program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Someone has been notified about this. Can you post it in http://bugs.adobe.com/flex as an enhancement request while ideas.adobe.com is down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines