Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access Data via Eclipse Helios-Glassfish3-WebServiceEJB3-JPA-MS SQL2005

Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go into Connect to Data/Service, I select WSDL and paste in the WSDL URI which I got from Admin Console.  And then it just sits there introspecting.  I have tried using a crossdomain.xml file since the SQL server is on a separate domain but still get the same problem.  I have tested the Web Service via SoapUI 3.6.1 and have written Servlets which access the data fine.  But when trying via FB4, I am running into this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed in SOAPUI that my ports are 1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changed the hosts file for 0.0.0.0 to point to the www.w3.org

and my system didnt like that, probably conflict with office

network settings or security settings. Had to remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it's introspecking the service does it close out after awhile of running or do you close it yourself. It's it's a issue with w3 then let it sit there for a few hours and see if it finishes on it's own.

Trying using TCPView to see what it's connecting to.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never let it keep going.  I think the longest I have let it go is an hour.  I am wondering if there is a way around this issue since apparently my company is using this address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, let it run for a few hours (mine closes out before one hour). Check out the following thread and bug

request.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/612721

https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-28592

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started Introspecting at 10:20....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thanks for the thread link.  It shead some new light on that issue.  Will try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, let me know if it works out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got called away for actual work.  Made the changes to hosts and restarted introspecting at 11:35.  Doesnt look like it solved my problem.  Going to lunch and see if it completes when I get back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one hour into it and its still Introspecting.  I downloaded TCPView as suggested in the thread I was told about and I never saw any reference to www.W3.org so I am guessing its past that part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't stop now, let it keep going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 hours and still at it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, 2 hours and there it is.  Interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, there is the data.  So its working but 2 hours is really out there.  Also, when I run the TestDrive app, it runs it as a file in the browser, why didnt it associate it as a web page like Servlets do?  Do I create a servlet which adds this to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first I tried the w3.org work around but it didnt fix it.

If you read the thread for the bug fix on FB-28592.  Someone suggests to  hibernate your computer and then immediately take it out of hibernation  and it works.  Well, I did that and sure enough, it worked.  So at least there is a work around until this bug is fixed.

How do we know when the bug is fixed?  Will you send us an email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a better work around.  Disable your Local Area Connection and then re-enable it and its much faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pardon me for double-posting this but since this seems to be a common problem I wanted to share my solution:

The problem is that when running the introspection, repeated calls to www.w3.org are taking a lot of time, so it appears the progress dialog has "frozen" when it fact it is working, only very slowly. This can be circumvented by using Fiddler, the web debugging proxy, instead of disabling network interfaces or hibernating the computer. Fiddler has an autoresponder that can be used to respond instantly. Here's how you do it:

• Install Fiddler2 and start it. Remember that you need to start Fiddler as an administrator. Fiddler acts as a proxy for all HTTP clients on the computer when it's running, including Flash Builder. It removes itself as a proxy as soon as you turn it off.
  • Start Flash Builder.

• In your project, select "Connect to Data/Service...", select "WSDL" and go through the first page of the wizard. Once the progress dialog shows up and apparently "freezes", look in Fiddler.
  • You will notice there are calls to www.w3.org that are very slow. They take about 30 seconds each to complete. The four offending URLs are...

/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-special.ent

/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-symbol.ent

/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd

/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-lat1.ent

• Let the four URLs complete one response each. They must have a response that is HTTP 200 (OK), and a body length that is not -1. I've gotten 504 on rare occasions, and the body length is -1 until the request has completed.
  • Click the "AutoResponder" tab.
  • Check the box "Unmatched requests passthrough".
  • Check the box "Enable automatic responses".

IMPORTANT 1: Do it in that order! "Unmatched..." first, "Enable..." second. Otherwise you might lose a few responses.

IMPORTANT 2: Do not check the box "Enable latency", because that's what we're trying to avoid here.

• Drag and drop - from left to right - the 4 offending requests. Fiddler will make 4 autoresponder rules that will respond instead of w3.org.
  • Now just sit back and watch the process finish quickly.

Hope this helps.

/Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines