• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated .CHM Versions Not Staying Around

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH8, Parent/multiple children, everything local to my machine.

Running into a bizarre issue:

I have a current child .chm that's dated 2009. I update the content and update it. This runs correct and shows today's date (2011).

Update parent .chm, just in case.

Run parent .chm to verify results. When this occurs I can see in real-time one of the updated children chms revert back to the previous version. By revert I mean:

It re-displays the previous modified date in Windows Explorer (2009).

It has the information that was deleted from the previous version and should not be in the new, 2011 version of the .chm.

This is also occuring to modified chms if I modify another chm. IE if I modify child1 and build it, I can see in real-time child2 or child3 revert back.

Only consistent behavior is that this happens one .chm file at a time, and so far the parent .chm seems to have "stuck" - it is not displaying this bizarre reversion behavior that the child .CHMs are.

I've tried deleting and remaking the links in the parent, but this doesn't work. Nor have I experienced this before (until recently we were on RH7).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I offered some advice in the following post.

See here for details:

javascript:;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp