• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to produce all webhelp files as UTF-8 No BOM - RH-7 does not do that.

Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 7 seems to produce some HTML files  and javascript files (*.js) in ANSI European encoding. My company needs all the webhelp code to be UTF-8 no BOM. The webhelp is managed through Perforce.

I tried on my own to use FAR 4.3 to change the encoding from ANSI to UTF-8 no BOM for all of my htm and js webhelp files for a particular webhelp ā€“ I used Auto-detect using BOM signature. FAR changed the files to UTF-8 with BOM. I tried to turn off the BOM by converting with Assume UTF-8 if no BOM signature ā€“ that did not work at all (FAR assumed all files were already UTF-8 and did not convert them).

Is there some way to change this in RoboHelp 7? Can RoboHelp 9 solve this problem?

If not, is there a post webhelp production solution that can convert all the webhelp in one ā€œbatch?ā€

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UTF-8 was introduced in RoboHelp 8 but I don't think the BOM can be avoided.

RoboHelp 9 allows you to choose your encoding but the UTF-8 option is Unicode (UTF-8). There is also a Unicode option but it's outside my area to know if that is what you want.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp