• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5 Text Entry Box Shortcut Key Not Working

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded to Captivate 5.  The main thing we use Captivate for is to record computer training simulations.  In Captivate 4 for text entry boxes I would select the last character to be typed as the shortcut and this would act as submit and evaluate the answer.  In Captivate 5 the only shortcut key that I can get to work is tab or enter.  No other keys will work.  For a computer simulation this is not realistic since when using the software we are training  them on if they hit enter or shortcut it can make things happen in the computer system that we don't want them doing.  So we definately don't want to teach them to use enter and/or tab during the training just so Captivate will evaluate their text entry.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been experiencing the same problem, at least to some extent. We ARE able to get the field to validate when the last key is pressed however we experienced intermittent problems with this, i.e. sometimes it would validate on the last charater entered and at other times it wouldn't. There didn't seem to be any pattern to this.

Now for the "solution" we have...

It would appear there is a sensitivity issue here (or more likely an issue where the key isn't being held down long enough), i.e. if you press the last character with a certain amount of gusto (the kind of firmness you would normally use for the "enter" or "tab" keys perhaps) we have found it WILL always validate when the last character is enetered. This seems crazy I know as it obviously registers the character has been pressed because the charater appears in your text entry box.

Why oh why doesn't the validation register this though... only Adobe can tell us... and hopefully put in a fix soon. We intend to design an introductory module to our learning anyway and will include reference to the need to hit the last charater in any string being keyed in like you REALLY mean it

Hope this helps - come back and let us know if you have any success with this.

CHeers

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering the same issue, and it does not appear to be a sensitivity issue. This is a huge issue for me as the application we are simulating uses keys such as ] to submit and entry (good old green screen technology). This actually works as long as I do not set the TEB box for validating user input. As soon as I do that, however, the shortcut key no longer works, and instead appears as a character in the TEB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 21, 2011 Oct 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a 3rd party Captivate Widget called TextEntryBoxValidator that may do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources