• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Introspecting the service

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use Flash Builder 4 to connect to data/service but for some reason I cannot get it to introspect WSDL that is on another server on my network (or locally for that matter). It does not give a error but it just never completes and eventually closes and returns back to the "specify a WSDL url to Introspect.

Any logs that I can look at to determine what step it's getting hung up on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log file can be found in <workspace location>/.metadata/.log. Please attach the same.

Also is it possible to share the WSDL?

-Shylendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2011 Mar 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While reading WSDL, one of the wsdl operation's output message type is returned as null.

I am not able to pin point the operation because I don't have access to those imported schemas.

Can you share them please. You can also mail them directly to me - shbhat<at>adobe<dot>com.

-Shylendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your assistance. What would be the best tool or script to provide you the xsd schemas). Just sent you a email as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure if this is your issue, but I had a webservice and wsdl that were behaving fine on their own (with other apps) until I tried to point Flashbuilder at it. Essentially the introspection would run for tens of minutes. Found a link on the web where people would disable the dns lookup of www.w3.org via the hosts file.  In c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc .... modify hosts text file and add an entry at the bottom that says

0.0.0.0         (some spaces or tabs)    www.w3.org

such as

0.0.0.0         www.w3.org

with no # (remark) in the front of it. So if your wsdl is fine but contains some junk that is not kosher for FB and its view of the standard, then it won't churn forever on the internet trying to resolve the rpc. Introspection takes 10 to 20 secs max versus running forever. The gents that pointed this out mention how sniffers were showing endless activity back and forth with w3.org trying to resolve rpc formats.

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was actually one of the first things I tried but I still run into the same issue. Thanks for the suggestion though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XSD's have been sent to your email address you provided.

Thanks

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tim,

Your WSDL has two ports, one SOAP 1.1 based and the other SOAP 1.2.

FB supports only SOAP 1.1. In your case, all operations of SOAP 1.1 port defines types of input and output message as 'literal'.
Hence FB is not able to detect the data types.

I have raised a bug for this, please vote for the same.
http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-30768

Thanks
Shylendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help in identifying the issue. I'll keep tabs on the bug and vote it up.

May I ask what tool you used to determine that it was using SOAP 1.1 and and SOAP 1.2.

Thanks,

Tim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent an email with my WSDL file.  I was wondering if my issue is the same as in this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious was well. Can you provide more information here. Also if it is then sign up

for Adobe's bug tracker and vote up http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-30768

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a new thread with my specifics.  When I ran SOAPUI, It told me mine were all 1.1 and so

I suspect mine is not the same issue.  Unless your was because of the return types.

Also, when I tried changing the Hosts file my office network setup didnt like it.  I am wondering if there is a way around this issue and if

this is my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I looked at Michelle's Web service it is similar to Tim's, except it doesn't have soap 1.2 port. In scenarios where WSDL have both kind of ports, after introspection all ports are listed but you are allowed to select only soap 1.1 port.

I got confused today morning while looking at Tim's wsdl, so got into a wrong conclusion. Now I see that you both are facing a similar issue.

Michelle,

Can you please send me your complete wsdl along with imported schema's and wsdl. I will take a look at it again when I am in office tomorrow.

Thanks

Shylendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did send my WSDL file.  Looking forward to

your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest sending the file(s) to Shylendra again just in case. Maybe you'll have a answer sometime tomorrow.

-Tim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After waiting 2 hours, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michelle,

I verified your WSDL, you are hit with FB-28592.

If I put w3.org in my etc/hosts your WS finishes introspection in 5 secs.

Tim,

I am still looking at your WS, so far no clue. At this moment I can say its not happenning because of FB-30768 for sure.

-Shylendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Shylendra, you have been a great help.

Michelle, edit your host file (127.0.0.1 pointing to w3.org) and then open up a command prompt and ping w3.org and it should return the local address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put in a local address already  But I did it with www.w3.org.  I will change it to just w3.org and see if that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have w3.org, www.w3.org, and http://www.w3.org/ and

it still is not happening quickly.  The bummer part is I deleted off the stuff I got yesterday and now its going to take another 2

hours to get it today.  Bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read the thread for the bug fix on FB-28592.  Someone suggests to hibernate your computer and then immediately take it out of hibernation and it works.  Well, I did that and sure enough, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please fix this oh Adobe gurus as some of us have given up on introspection and are hand coding the _super class yikes

Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 07:53:45 -0600

To: drewpierce@live.com

Subject: Introspecting the service

If you read the thread for the bug fix on FB-28592. Someone suggests to hibernate your computer and then immediately take it out of hibernation and it works. Well, I did that and sure enough, it worked.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a much better work around.  Start the Introspection then Disable your Local Area Connection and then re-enable it.  Better than hibernating your entire system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines