Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Installing LiveCycle PDF Generator ES

Level 2

Hi,

I have gone thought the installation and configuration guide. Wish to clarify few points here

1) For POC (For the purpose of developing custom code via SDK to merge PDF files), Can i install LiveCycle ES on Windows Vista? Vista is 32 bit OS.

2) In LiveCycle PDF Generator ES notes i have come across,

When using PDF Generator ES2 with a 64-bit application server, an additional 32-bit JVM must also be installed.

On UNIX AIX server with WebLogic 10,  Do I have to install additional 32 bit Java to run LiveCycle PDF Generator?

3) Can i install WebLogic 10 / Websphere 6 (64 bit) on my vista (32 bit) desktop and proceed with LiveCycle PDF Generator installation?

Please share few links for additional information (like installation details, SDK API reference etc)

4) Is installing Acrobat Pro Extended required for using PDF Generator SDK (only to Merge PDF files generated from SAP Business Objects Reporting tool).

Thank you all for the quick response I got from this forum.

Regards,

Anu

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

1 - The supported platform matrix is included in the LiveCycle documentation:  http://help.adobe.com/en_US/LiveCycle/9.5/supported_platforms.html

Vista 32 and 64 are supported for turnkey (JBoss) for evaluation and development only.

2 -  Yes, you still need a 32 bit JVM

3 - You can do it, but that combination is not specifically called out in the support matrix and therefore is not officially supported.

4 - If you are doing a simple Assembler operation to combine PDF files then you probably don't need Acrobat.  However; a license for Acrobat does come with the product purchase, so you won't need to buy a separate one.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

1 - The supported platform matrix is included in the LiveCycle documentation:  http://help.adobe.com/en_US/LiveCycle/9.5/supported_platforms.html

Vista 32 and 64 are supported for turnkey (JBoss) for evaluation and development only.

2 -  Yes, you still need a 32 bit JVM

3 - You can do it, but that combination is not specifically called out in the support matrix and therefore is not officially supported.

4 - If you are doing a simple Assembler operation to combine PDF files then you probably don't need Acrobat.  However; a license for Acrobat does come with the product purchase, so you won't need to buy a separate one.