Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

POWERPOINT AND MASTER SLIDES

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2011 Apr 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

the problem I am experiencing is that when I important a powerpoint presentation the slides don't show the powerpoint slides. Instead I experience the masterslide overlayed ontop of the slide, despite have the box ticked for background (regarding the masterslide).

Any help would be appreciated

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2011 Apr 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and welcome to the forum,

If you import powerpoint slides, each ppt-slide will be turned into a FMR (Full Motion Recording) object blended into the background of the slide.

Could you explain what you want by applying a master slide to such imported PPT-slides? You have the option to have Master Slide Objects on Top, did you try if that is achieving what you want?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your fast reply!

I wanted to overlay my company banner onto the powerpoint slide.

But I am guessing due to the format, it may be easier to simply overlay the banners individually on each powerpoint slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just tried it out: imported PPT-slides, inserted a text caption (can also be an image) on the master slide without merging it into the background. I applied this master slide to all slides with the setting you can see in the screenshot and I got the text caption displayed on all slides. You can see here that the background of the slide is a SWF, the video recording of the parallel PPT-slide. What was your workflow?

If you want a more complex work flow, that allows you not to bother about the banner covering up something from the PPT-slides, check out my blog post thaat was explaining the workflow for captured slides, but can be applied to PPT-slides as well:

Creating and using a Knockout Master slide

Lilybiri

BannerMS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Lilybiri!!

After reading your post about a knockout masterslide it worked.

I was previously using "Paint.Net" to create what I thought was "transparent pixels" and infact they were not! I purchased photoshop, and like magic it worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources