• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Popup Links with Specific Text Color

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2011 Apr 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Robohelp HTML 8, and I'm having a difficult time figuring out if I can assign a specific color to the popup links in my project. My first thought was that the Text-only popup hotspot character style in the default CSS would handle this, but this is not happening. My regular topics use the default.css, while my popups use a different CSS.

I also noticed that the HTML does not even reference this character style for the popup. Because the popup link is in a procedure, the HTML references the paragraph style (List-1) but that's it (as far as I can tell at least). Here is the HTML in question:

<li class="List-1">While viewing the <span style="font-style: italic;">Intersections</span> tab, click the appropriate <a href="javascript:BSSCPopup('Popup_Street_Map_Buttons.htm');" id="a1">Street<span style="font-weight: bold;"> </span><span>Map</span> button</a> to display the integrated map.</li>

I had defined the following style in the default CSS:

A.popupspot {
color: #003f00;
}

However, Robohelp doesn't reference this style in the above HTML. I have to think this is possible, but my mind is drawing a blank on how to get these popup links to display in dark green (003f00). I inspected the link element in Firefox--to see if this style was being overridden somehow, but that style is not referenced in Firefox either, as expected. I've also deleted the Text-only popup hotspot style from the CSS file and then redefined it in Robohelp, with no success.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? Please let me know if I can provide additional helpful information. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2011 Apr 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The code "BSSCPopup" indicates the link you are using is a hyperlink displaying as an autosizing popup, not a Text Only Popup, which is something different again.

I believe the link colour is defined by the "Hyperlink" styles. These styles also control the regular (non-popup) hyperlinks, though so you'd be changing both at once. In the CSS they'd be plain A definitions, or maybe something like A:active, A:visited, etc.

You might be able to do what you want by creating a new Character style and manually applying it to any hyperlinks that you make a popup style.

Amebr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp