• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to obtain installed license key

Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to find out if there is a way to find my license key for Flash Builder 4 Premium?

I've googled around and see that there are registry programs that can locate it.

But is there an official way that I can see my license key? I am unsure what key I used, and my co-worker uses a Mac with a different key. We arent sure who has used what from our key list.

My boss is asking me which key I used and I am unsure.

Is it in my Adobe account, if I log in and look through my profile?

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2011 Apr 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution for your problem??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Is it in my Adobe account, if I log in and look through my profile?

Yes, there are some instructions for that posted here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/152/tn_15290.html

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris. But that did not work for me.

I logged into my Adobe account but have no product registrations. What gives?

I am unsure what License Key I used for my Flashbuilder 4 installation. My boss gave me 4 serial keys. We have two machines with it licensed. We have two seperate serial keys we dont know what they're for. We assume they are Mac/Windows versions of each license? We dont know!!

When creating the automated build server for my FLEX projects, I thought I needed the serial key embedded in my XML build script. I ended up just using the serials given to me in an email from my employer. I simply guessed at which one to use. Then later, I found out I didnt even need to do that AT ALL, so I removed the serial key from my build script.

Essentially, I no longer had a need to obtain my license key. But it really bothers me that I cant figure out what serial key I used, when my Flashbuilder4 IDE was installed. I have 4 potential keys to pick from, even though we only asked for two. What a mess.

I would like to "register" my product with Adobe, but not sure what serial key I need to register with. And I definitely dont know how to obtain it "legally" off of my machine, without digging into my registry, which I would rather avoid.

Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that the registration database will only contain the license key(s) automatically if you register the product at run-time, from the same machine where you entered the SN.

There is another way to trace the SN, using the legacy file on disk named license.properties. The location of that file varies by platform, as described in this old KB article for FB3:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403934.html

Normally, you'll find a property named flashbuilder4 in that file, but be aware that the format of the key in that file is encrypted, so won't be identical to the original SN key you activated. There is a one-to-one correspondence between them though, so you could send Adobe Support the encrypted keys, and they should be able to send you back the original SNs.

If for any reason you don't find your flashbuilder4 key in the license.properties file, you can also find the encrypted version in the amt3.log file, after having run FB4 during a given login session. This KB article describes where to find the amt3.logs on various platforms:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/834/cpsid_83478.html

The amt log can be quite large though, making it harder to locate a given product SN, so that's why I'm suggesting you look in the license.properties file first.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 07, 2011 Apr 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not deactivate all known copies installed at work and then reactivate one by one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2011 Apr 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> Why not deactivate all known copies installed at work and then reactivate one by one?

That's a very sensible suggestion, especially if you have confidence that all available keys have been included accurately by someone into a master list.

If there's any doubt about that, you might still need to track down your activated key, using one of the methods described above.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines