"Shockwave Flash plug-in has crashed" in Google Chrome Web Browser

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I keep getting the following message when using Google Chrome web browser:

"The following plug-in has crashed: Shockwave Flash"

When I start using Google Chrome, Flash is working fine but normally after about 15 minutes usage I get the message.  If I close down Google Chrome and start again, Flash is working fine again for a little while and then crashes again.  I have to say it is now getting quite annoying as I do prefer to use Google Chrome to Internet Explorer for various reasons but it never crashes in Internet Explorer.  Is there anyone that can help me with this please?

I am using a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ38M laptop and my operating system is Vista.  I am also using the latest version of Google Chrome.

Thanks

Sue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Go to this test site with each browser that have Flash Player Installed in. Do you see the Flash Player logo animate?

What version of Flash Player is Displayed for each browser?

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

With Chrome are you using any adblock/adblock plus? Something appears to be conflicting.

Check to make sure the Shockwave Flash plugin is enabled.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2011 Apr 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comments eidnolb.

I have gone to the test site for each of the browsers I use; Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.  For each one, they display the animation and the correct, most up-to-date version of Adobe Flash Player.

With regard to the adblock/adblock plus for Chrome, I do not know what you are referring to as I cannot find any reference to adblocks in the tools menu.  It's certainly not something that I have intentionally turned off or on so it will be at whatever default setting Chrome comes with.

The Shockwave Flash plugin is enabled for all 3 browsers which is, I guess, why I am seeing the animation.  Unfortunately, with Chrome the Shockwave Flash will eventually crash whilst I am using it.  Do you have any further thoughts on why it might be crashing please?

Cheers

Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2011 Apr 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for checking and the info. Something is definitely conflicting with the Chrome browser. You didn't say if FF was doing the same thing or not. IE is not, so it wouldn't appear to be a "common" problem.

I'll check and see what I have on Chrome. Can you check in the addons/plugins/extensions to see what may be Installed that isn't in IE or FF?

I don't use Chrome, so can't direct you too much more than that. I wouldn't think the Google Toolbar would effect Chrome, but it can with other browsers.

What about your Anti-Virus? What programs do you use if more than one?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi eidnolb,

Thanks again for your response.  I guess you're right in that something is conflicting with Chrome but I cannot think what it might be as Chrome is the least tampered with web browser I have.  I've always tried to keep Chrome as clean as possible so there are no extensions or anything installed within Chrome.  Chrome is the only browser that is having issues with Shockwave Flash crashing.

My anti-virus software is Kaspersky.

Don't worry if you're struggling to find a solution for this.  Maybe someone else on the forum, who is a regular user of Chrome, may be able to help.

Cheers

Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines