• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC blank in RH8

Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH8.0.2.208.

I think I've seen this issue reported before, but since the search function on this forum is currently unavailable, I can't find it.

I renamed my TOC in the Project Manager.  When I open it in RH, it is blank.  When I open the .hhc file in a text editor, all of the content is there.  I tried renaming it back to the original name, but no luck.  The .xpj file seems to be pointing at the correct name.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was fixed by "loading the TOC".

To recap:

1. I opened the TOC in RoboHelp, and the frame was blank.  The .hhc file itself contained all of the information when viewed in a text editor.
  2. I clicked on the "Table of Contents" virtual folder in the RH Project Manager, and a message "Loading the table of contents" was quickly displayed.  The TOC frame then displayed the information.  (I was actually clicking to see if any other options were available....for example, "import" or something along those lines, when this message was displayed.)
  3. To double-check, I closed and reopened the project, and all is well now.

I'm not sure why this problem should have happened in the first place, but I am satisfied that it seems to be working now.

Regards,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Longshot but try creating a new TOC and ticking the option to base it on another TOC. See if it pulls the content in.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To find your own posts in future, click on Your Stuff.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp