• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Powerpoint 2010 / Presenter 7 issues

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have installed Office 2010 & Presenter 7 on two computers (running XP Professional) in our area.  One of the computers began locking up frequently when using Presenter.  We reinstalled Presenter and put the 7.0.1 patch on it.  Now the computer shows the following error:

Run-time error '-2147188160 (80048240)': SlideShowWindows (unknown member).

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

Presenter 7.0.1 is not supported with Office2010. Please install all the patches including 7.0.2, 7.0.5 and 7.0.6 from 'Adobe Presenter > Help > updates'.

If you could explain what you meant by "One of the computers began locking up frequently when using Presenter", we can work with you to isolate and trouble shoot the issue.

thanks

Nirupam Tewary

Quality Engineering Manager, Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if you could help me with a similar situation.  I have wanted to download the trial version to see if presenter can do what I am looking to do.  I also have received those error messages.  I cannot seem to acquire the updates from the presenter>help>updates menu.  When I download the trial version, is there a method of downloading a version compatible with office 2010?

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Our situation was resolved by putting on updates 7.0.2, 7.0.5 and

7.0.6. I could send the updates to you, if you would like. You need to

install the updates, in order, beginning with 7.0.2, then 7.0.5 and finally,

7.0.6. Vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Updates can be downloaded from the Adobe.com website at the following URL:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=153&platform=Windows

We would be keen to know what message you see when you try to download the updates from the Help menu.

Nirupam Tewary

Quality Engineering Manager, Adobe Presenter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2011 Apr 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To: Nirupam Tewary

Are you saying if Presenter 7 is downloaded from the link below all the patches must be applied? It seems like the download for the installation would have all the patches applied. Please advise.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?loc=en_us&product=presenter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2011 Apr 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David G-

My experience was that there has not been a patched version available for download that is completely compatible with Office 2010.  On the main download page I clicked here               After that was installed, you can get the updates through the update option in the help menu, one at a time.  I only had to download 7.0.5 and 7.0.6, and the error message upon saving audio went away.

Untitled_1.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the patches need to be downloaded and installed individually. These can be downloaded and installed from inside Presenter (Help > updates) or through the Adobe support website: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=153&platform=Windows

<NIRUPAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2011 Apr 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My troubles with the updates were that I could not see an "update" option in the help menu.  Until the window popped up asking for a license key or to continue as trial, then I could see the update option.  i have since downloaded the updates, and everything is working fine.  I've got my license key and am set to go.  thank you for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 7 system with Office 2010 installed.  When I try to install Presentor, it tells me it cannot find Powerpoint.  The suggestions are to install the patches, but when I try to do that, I get the message that Presentor is not installed.

How am I suppose to install the patches when I cannot install Presenter?

Thanks,

Jess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jess,

Please check if you have Office 2010 with 32-bit. If not then you have to install the one which is 32-bit.

Thanks,

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2011 Apr 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently purchased MS Office 2010 and the Adobe e-learning Suite for the PC which includes Presenter 7.

When I looked for Presenter 7 using my Start button I discovered the other E-Learning Suite applications installed successfully but Presenter 7 was not showing up in the list.

I went to the Adobe Presenter Forum and saw an announcement, "Office 2010 compatibility arrives!!"

The issue is I can't run the patches Adobe provides. I get an error message, Presenter 7 not installed.

So, I try installing Presenter 7 from the E-Learning Suite CD (just Presenter 7) and the install looks like it's going fine. But again, when I look for Presenter 7 using my start button it does not show up and I still can't download the patches provided by Adobe.

What am I doing wrong?

I would not expect to see the announcement on the Adobe Forum if there was not some way to make this work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

mindforge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2011 Apr 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I can't help. I had a different issue initially with my Office 2007, Office 2010.

I finally solved my Office 2007/Windows 7 (64-bit) system by going back to Presenter 6.2.

I am noit sure what the issue with Office 2010 is or if it also depends on whether one is using Windows 7 (64-bits) vs Windows 6 (32-bit).

All this is pretty confusing!

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2011 Apr 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will help, but when you have installed Presenter through the e-learning suite, it may not load up as an add-in right away.  From the file menu tab in PP 2010, go to "options", then choose "add-ins" from the list on the left.  Presenter should show up if installed on the machine.  As a note, I don't have it visible in my start menu either, but when I have PP open, it is a tab up top.  Other than that I don't have a idea as to a fix, as long as you are sure the file was installed.  I'm not familiar with e-learning suite.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I went to the Add-in option and the Presenter 7 application was not there.

However, I looked at the Adobe Application folder on my hard drive and Presenter 7 is listed.

So, I clicked on the Windows Installer icon and got as far in the Wizard where it asks for a serial number.

When I enter the serial number on my CD case for the e-Learning Suite2 it tells me that the serial number is invalid!

mindforge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mindforge

Can you confirm if you have Office 2010 32 bit? Adobe Presenter is not compatible with 64 bit versions of PowerPoint. The other MSOffice applications can continue to be 64 bit versions.

The Presenter bundled with ELearningSuite2 has a serial key built in and will not work if you enter your ELS serial key directly. Here is what you need to do:

A. Open the system registry

B. Verify if this key exists: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot

If not, please create it as under:

1. Start notepad

2. Paste this content:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is what I found in regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word

Sorry, but can you confirm what you meant by create it as under:

1. Start notepad

2. Paste this content:

There was nothing after #2 above.

Did you mean open a notepad document and paste in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPo int\InstallRoot

The entire line as shown above?

And then what?

Sorry,

mindforge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my apologies, it seems like my email got clipped;

here are the steps to create the registry entries:

A. Open the system registry [Start>Run>regedit]

B. Verify if this key exists: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot  (no spaces)

If not, please create it as under:

1. Start notepad

2. Paste this content:

----------------------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot]

@=""

----------------------------------------------

3. Save the file under any name (name.txt) 4. Rename it to name.reg 5. Double click on name.reg and allow the update to the registry 6. Now rerun the ELS 2 installer and select only Adobe Presenter

Let us know your results with this.

Thankyou

Nirupam Tewary

Adobe Systems

Message was edited by: nirupam_tewary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification.

I created the notepad document, saved and renamed it as outlined in your note.

I am not sure what you mean by allow it to update the registry? If I double click on the notepad document that I've saved as name.reg it opens the document?

How do I allow the update to the registry?

Sorry for my confusion.

mindforge

PS. I have a 64bit Dell PC running the Office 2010 32 bit application.

PSS. When you say in step #6 now rerun the ELS 2 installer and select only Adobe Presenter, do you mean go to the Presenter 7 folder on my hard drive and double click on the Windows installer that I found in the Presenter 7.0 folder?

Or, did you mean insert the el2 CD and go through the installation process for Presenter 7?

Thanks,

mindforge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Mindforge,

my apologies for not clarifying enough. In your case, the file association is still .txt, so you will need to do this:

1. go to the folder where the name.reg is saved

2.right-click on the folder and in the window that opens, go to 'view'

3. in the 'advanced settings' area, look for 'hide extensions for known file types' and deselect the check box

4. Now you will see the name of the file appear as name.reg.txt

5. remove the .txt in the file name

6. double click on the name.reg

file-assoc.JPG

Let us know if you face any issues in doing this.

thank you

Nirupam Tewary

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2011 Jul 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Im having the same problems as Mindforge below, but simply pasting what you have put there has not worked for me. After running the ELS2 cd again and installing just presenter, it still does not install the program, just some files under "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Presenter 7 Installer Files for eLS 2".

Do I need to enter the install path into the installroot?

I am running Vista 32bit and Office 2010 32 bit

Mathew

P.S

I copied and pasted what is below into a *.reg file and it merges it successfully, but does not solve the problem

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot]

@=""

EDIT: I managed to find the solution at

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/870/cpsid_87013.html#main_Adobe_Presenter_7_installation_support_with_eLS_2...

It was a slightly different registry file there, which allowed it to work properly

Now I have a new issue with Presenter not being compatible with IE9

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/903/cpsid_90338.html

Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.  This fix worked so that Presenter 7 is finally visble in PowerPoint 2010.  I then had to revert back to Internet Explorer 8 which allowed me to accept the license for this product.  I am so happy to be able to use this program - finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be out of the office starting 15/04/2011 and will not return until

16/05/2011.

I will be out of the office on annual leave and will have no access to my

emails. If your matter is urgent then please contact my colleagues Carmen

Shields or Sonia Savage. Alternatively I will deal with your query on my

return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources