• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating navigation using clickboxes

Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created a tabbed theme for a course.  I would like each of the tabs to be hotspots that would take the user to the first page of that topic so they can jump around the course as desired.  The way I have been doing this is to create a clickbox that jumps to a particular slide for each tab.  I then copy those to every slide.  I was wondering if there was an easier way?

Thank you,

N

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do I understand that you want that 'menu' on every slide?

There are a couple of ways, depending on how much time you want to spend:

• You could use the TOC, group all slides in a topic, and choose collapse all in the TOC settings: if the TOC is separate, the user will see the "topics" and it you allow navigation in the TOC will be able to clidk on the topic he wishes, and moreover will be able to expand topics and see the individual slides
  • Recently I blogged about the use of the button widget on a knockout master slide, which could make your menu also possible; here is the link: http://lilybiri.posterous.com/using-the-button-widget-some-ideas
    This supposes that you use Captivate 5, where master slides were introduced. It is not possible to have a click box or button on a master slide  but this widget works all right.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me!  Yes, I do want the menu on every slide - I've attached a screenshot that shows what it looks like.

I was checking out your blog post but it was a bit above my head.

Thank you,

Nancy

Message was edited by: Captiv8r - Removed signature line per user's request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

You cannot attach files, you have to insert the screenshot using the small camera icon in the toolbar.

Which version of Captivate are you using? Can you use master slides? And the TOC is not a good solution, works on CP4 and CP5.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answered that via email.  Is there any way to remove my signature line from the previous post?  Ugh!

I'm using Captivate 5.menu.jpg

I haven't used master slides yet but will give that a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Normally you should be able to edit a posting, but not from e-mail.

Would realize this with a master slide, perhaps you do not even need a knockout one if you have enough space left for the buttons at the top. But you will have to use the button widget as explained in my blog post, or have someone create a static widget. You are able to have a navigation action with that widget, so it would be fine.

Let me know if you cannot figure it out, glad to help you.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2011 Apr 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

haven't had a chance to try this yet.  will do next week.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources