• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autocomplete, Find References, click into class stopped working after importing project

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2011 Apr 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I imported a project into FlashBuilder 4, messed around with it for a while, then closed the project.  Now, my main project (which I've been working on for months) has somehow lost track of all the classes and references to those classes in the workspace. Everything seems to compile fine, but the class navigation in FB4 just doesn't work anymore. 

Attempting to cmd-click (I'm in OS X, obviously) now only works on classes that I have manually opened through the project explorer since the point when I imported that other project, and it only works in as3 code, not via MXML tags.  Once I've opened a class, though, cmd-click works fine from then on for that class (in as3 only).  This applies even to classes in the same package: one will be cmd-clickable, another won't be until I find it in project explorer and open it from there.

Likewise, searching for references in the workspace is failing. For example, I have a class called "DeviceSelectorGrid", which is referenced in numerous other classes, but when I search for references to that class in my workspace, it reports no occurences.  I can go into other classes and see where it's being imported and referenced, but these references don't show up in a search.  The Call Hierarchy view is also failing.

Interestingly, cmd-shift-R (Open Resource) seems to find all the classes in my workspace just fine.

I've tried Project->Clean, closing and re-opening the project, restarting FB4, and restarting my computer, all to no avail.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2011 Apr 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention the most important thing: Autocomplete has also stopped working for any class that hasn't been opened in the editor (including normally-inaccessible built-in classes like Sprite), as has automatic importing when using the "new" operator.  Obviously, this has a huge impact on workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2011 Apr 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please attach the workspace log. It can be found in <workspace location>/.metadata/.log.

Meanwhile, if your workspace is not big, can you please try to export projects, create a new workspace and import them there to see if this problem goes away.

-Shylendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2011 Apr 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shylendra -

I already tried creating a new workspace and importing the project into it, but it didn't solve the problem.

Here's the workspace log.  Not sure if it will contain what you need, though, since I had already 
attempted to re-create my workspace.  I can zip up all the /bak files and send them, but when I tried to 
respond to your email, the address bounced.

Thanks!
Mike

!SESSION 2011-04-07 12:05:02.119 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.6.0_24

java.vendor=Apple Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=carbon, NL=en_US

Framework arguments:  -keyring /Users/owner1/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws carbon -arch x86 -clean -keyring /Users/owner1/.eclipse_keyring -consoleLog -showlocation

This is a continuation of log file /Users/owner1/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4/.metadata/.bak_0.log

Created Time: 2011-04-07 16:50:19.555

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2011-04-07 16:50:19.556

!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2011-04-07 16:50:19.556

!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for COMMAND+G:

Binding(COMMAND+G,

ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.find.all.declarations.in.workspace,Find All Declarations In Workspace,

Category(com.adobe.flexbuilder.editorcore.navigation.category,Navigation,null,true),

LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.actions.FindAllDeclarationsAction@9b8d16)),

,,true),null),

org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,

com.adobe.flexide.editorcore.flexEditorScope,,,system)

Binding(COMMAND+G,

ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.find.all.declarations.in.workspace,Find All Declarations In Workspace,

Category(com.adobe.flexbuilder.editorcore.navigation.category,Navigation,null,true),

LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.actions.FindAllDeclarationsAction@9b8d16)),

,,true),null),

com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.context.packageexplorer,,,system)

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2011-04-07 16:50:19.556

!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for COMMAND+SHIFT+G:

Binding(COMMAND+SHIFT+G,

ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.find.all.references.in.workspace,Find All References In Workspace,

LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.actions.FindAllReferencesAction@4bbf76)),

,,true),null),

com.adobe.flexide.editorcore.flexEditorScope,,,system)

Binding(COMMAND+SHIFT+G,

ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.find.all.references.in.workspace,Find All References In Workspace,

LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.actions.FindAllReferencesAction@4bbf76)),

,,true),null),

com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.context.packageexplorer,,,system)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2011 Apr 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking at the log, I see that its still pointing to old workspace. Goto File > Switch Workspace > Other. Give a different path when asked for 'Select a workspace'.

Once FB starts, before you import your projects, create a new sample project and confirm that auto completion, find references and hyperlinking is working fine.

Now import your projects, verify those operations again. If they fail to work, please send the projects to shbhat<at>adobe<dot>com.

-Shylendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines