• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot get ADE to see my Sony PRS-505 reader.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2011 Mar 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have got the latest (Mac) ADE and Reader software (re-installed several times), an Adobe ID, the iMac is authorised, but I cannot get the PRS-505 to appear as a bookshelf in ADE, nor does the eReader show any manifestation of ADE. Have trawled the forums and FAQ's bu to no avail. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

regards   Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 08, 2011 Mar 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, in the PC world, we need to have our ereader plugged in and ready to

use before we start ADE. Then, ADE will recognize the ereader. Maybe this

will work on the Mac also, as it would be safe to assume that the ADE

internal processes are the same or close enough.

=============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately that does not seem to fix it. I note that the PRS-505 is not listed as a supported device on the Sony website, only the PRS-500 and the latest desktop Reader Mac software. Perhaps the 505 is just not supported in the Mac software, which seems a bit strange.  Anyway, much thanks for the suggestion.

regards

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In order to fix this please do following.

Solution 1)

1) Connect your Reader to your computer.

2) Once conncted you will find a new drive created similar to C or D drive under My computer.
3) Open the Readers Drive and you will find one or two folders with name Digital Editions.
4) Delete those folder and plug off and re plug in the Reader.
5) Authorize Reader from the same Adobe ID which you used to Authorize Adobe Digital Editions.
6) Now try to transfer books to your Reader

Solution 2)

1) Click Start>>Run
    Type "regedit" in the box and hit enter.
    Locate the following key HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Adobe>Adept>>Device delete the full folder (Right click on it and click delete).
2) Now Connect your Reader and then open Digital Editions.
3) Now it should recognize your Reader.
4) Connect the Reader and authorize it with same ID.

I hope this will help you..

Regards

Rizwan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2011 Mar 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rizwan

Thanks your help, but to no avail.

I tried Method 1, but it id not work. I cannot seem to get my Sony Reader authorised. It never asks me to do it and I cannot see where I can do it. I have an account at the Sony eStore, but that doesn't help.

Cannot use Method 2 on my Mac.

Many thanks for trying to help.

best regards

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2011 Apr 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem since I re-installed Windows XP and the DE. Now my PRS505 does not show DE. I am afraid to delete folders through 'My Computer' since I am fear deleting books on the reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2011 Apr 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I have to rephrase the problem.

After I re-installed Windows XP followed by ADE, ADE  wont see my Sony PRS-505. I am afraid to delete folders on My Computer then 'G' drive and digital editions folder with my reader plugged in for fear of erasing the books on my Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2011 Mar 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have a look on following link : http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404652.html

Regards
Rizwan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines