• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remote control device for advancing slides in Connect?

Mar 18, 2011 Mar 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone recommend a remote control device or "slide clicker" that will advance slides in Connect wihtout having to use the keyboard?  Thanks.

Tony

TOPICS
Training

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2011 Apr 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connect 8 is now section 508 (Accessibility features and compliance) which adds to the ability of using any device such as a USB or wireless device to advance slides. Notice in a Connect room if you go to the Help menu to the far right. The options for the Share pod are to advance the page is the Page Up key or the right arrow and to reverse is the Page Down key or the left arrow. If you have a USB mouse or wireless presentation device they should both have these keys that would work with Connect 8 just fine.

I use various solutions (apps) on my iPhone4 along with an Airport Express to allow me to control the Connect screen wirelessly and advance slides from my iPhone4 or iPad. Works great and causes saliva to drip from the open mouths of audience members who are in awe. They think it is a Connect feature but in reality it is the app and the wireless network that do most of the heavy lifting here.

Hope that helps.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2011 Apr 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Heyward.  We should be getting our Connect 8 upgrade in May so I'll check it out then.

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines