• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error/crash when running script

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I run the Project Template Generator script I get the following error.  Can someone tell me what this is?

RoboHelp Error Msg.png

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without looking into the script code I'd second guess that there is an issue with it at line 49

Are you referring to the Save As Project Template script? It runs OK for me. Was the script changed in any way before running it?

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't change anything. Just running it "out of the box". I don't know anything about scripting, so doubt whether I can decifer the problem myself by looking at the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the code on line 49:

RoboHelp.project.rename("Template.xpj");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 9.  It's called Project Template Generator.jsx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. It runs fine for me. I assume you have a project open when you run it? Can you run any macro (e.g. Word Count)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

Yes, Word Count seems to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, does your project have any special characters in the name (e.g. underscores / slashes). That maybe could be the issue. If it doesn't, try reinstalling the ExtendScipt add on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 16, 2011 Apr 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Extendscript is working fine on your machine. Project Template Generator script requires administrator rights as it tries to create template in program files folder area. For this reason please try to run RoboHTML in adminstrator mode. If you are using windows vista or windows 7, you can select run as administator by right clicking the RoboHTML shortcut. If you are running windows XP then you need adminstrator rights.

Do let me know if this fixes the error on script running or not.

Thanks

Praful jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't had the time to update the thread, but this was indeed the problem!! Thank you for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the answer? There is more than one reply.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry. The answer was that I needed Admin rights to run the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp