Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixing or Removing Broken Links

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2011 Apr 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Using TCS2 on Windows 7 64 bit. I have a question about broken links. I have some TOC, IX, and XREF broken links in my 'Broken Links' folder in RH. I'm trying to understand exactly what they are and how to fix them without breaking things... Or can they just be deleted? When I try to restore I get a msg that the filename is invalid (the links say, for example, Filename.htm#IX_Linkname) - It says filename can't have an # but that seems to be built in? And if I try to edit it takes me to my BSSCDefault.h file file where I see that the link or 'broken' link apparently mapped correctly... Also, if I look up what it references in the actual generated online help it seems to be working fine (i.e. I can't find any broken links in my actual generated output...)  So can I just delete the broken links as  invalid duplicates?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adriana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adriana. Windows 7 64 bit is unsupported with TCS2 but this may be unrelated to your issue. I wouldn't delete the broken links but learn to live with them.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please share the screen shot of the situation? Though you can take chance deleting them individually in RoboHelp but before that you should backup of your project folder somewhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp