Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Search" behaving weird in WebHelp

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am generating WebHelp and everything works fine, except "Search" as shown below. Is there any setting to set it right. Can anyone pls help.

Capture2.png

Thanks,

Vinay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you have selected Pure HTML instead of DHTML > Pure HTML in your settings.

If that is not it, what browser are you using?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinay,

I'm getting exactly the same issue - using RH10, and I've had to select Pure HTML in order to get webhelp to work in Chrome.

It does now work in Chrome, but unfortunately the Search tab has broken:

WebhelpSearchTab.jpg

Did you find a fix for this?

Cheers,

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you viewing the help in Chrome?

• From the server? It should work without having to use Pure HTML.
  • By selecting the layout in the SSL tab, right clicking and selecting View With > Chrome. Again that should work.
  • By opening the help locally using Windows Explorer. That will not work unless you are using an HTML5 layout or generating the help using Rh10.

@petergrainge

Message was edited by Peter Grainge to correct third bullet point.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I'm viewing the help locally using Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See snippet 3 in the Browsers section of Peter's site at: http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

Thanks for that. I'm aware of all the Chrome issues.

Unfortunately I am obliged to provide Webhelp that is to be used locally (it's been fine until Chrome came long).

So now we've started using RH10 because it generates Webhelp that is Chrome compliant by default (or so I thought).

For one of my help systems this is true, however for another it is not.

So I looked at using the pure html option as a work around. All seemed fine until I noticed the search tab as shown above.

Oviously Vinay has had the same problem. So I'm wondering if this is a bug or has there been a work around found for this?

So to summarise - I'm using RH10 to generate Webhelp with the Pure html setting switched on and then deploying locally.

It appears to work fine in Chrome except for the search tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have corrected Post 3 in this thread. Even used locally, webhelp should work fine if it has been generated using Rh10. I just tried it and found it is working fine including the search.

Try trashing the CPD and regenerating without using the Pure HTML option.

Then if still broken try the samples and any other project you have to see if you can pin this on the specific project.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

>> Try trashing the CPD and regenerating without using the Pure HTML option.

I'm sure it's been said before, but anyway you are a saint.

I haven't tested the original issue (posted by Vinay) but this has got me out of a right old fix.

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp