Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cairngorm 3 Navigation library and Enter/Exit event handlers

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2010 Dec 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I'm currently  developing an application using Parsley 2.3.2 and Cairngorm 3 libraries.  My main application view has nested viewstacks and I use Cairngorm  navigation library to navigate between the views. The navigation to the  nested views works fine, and deferred views are being instantiated  properly. However as soon as I add the Enter/Exit handlers to my  presentation models, the navigation to my nested views stops working. It  always redirects me to the first child of the ViewStack containing the  target view. Though the Enter/Exit handlers for my nested view are  executed. After I remove Enter/Exit methods, everything works fine  again.

Is it a bug or expected behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Cairngorm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an isolated example of this maybe based on the samples in the NavigationParsleyTest project? A Waypoint (default is SelectedChildWaypoint) will delare a default view if no view is directly navigated to inside that destination. It will ask for selectedChild and if not successfull it will default to 0. Check out the SelectedChildWaypoint implementation on getDefaultDestination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to reproduce this issue in the NavigationParsleyProject. After the NavigationParsleySample1 application is started the active view is content.dashboard.nested.child1. However if you try to navigate to content.tasks.timetracking view, it will redirect you to content.tasks.expenses view which is the first child in the content.tasks ViewStack. All Timetracking view's enter and exit handlers as well as interceptors will be executed though.

After I commented out the metadata for all event handlers and both interceptors in TimeTrackingPM class, I was successfully navigated to the content.tasks.timetracking view.

This issue occurs only once and I believe it has something to do with the deferred instantiation. I tried to debug the source of the navigation library but haven't had any success yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 28, 2010 Dec 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your info. This looks like a bug. I've file it here: https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/CGM-48

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue is fixed in the upcoming 3.0.18 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines